chapter twelve

Does anyone actually read this lol sos

—————

The rain fell on to the windows as I watched the houses go by. It was less awkward sitting in the car with Ashton as I contemplated when and how to bring up a forgiveness speech. It took a few days for me to really even consider bringing it up, but now that I sat in the passenger seat of Ashton's truck, I knew that if I backed out now, I would probably never say anything later.

"Look," I said, breaking the long silence. "Uh... I just wanted to say... I'm okay with starting over if you are..."

Ashton didn't respond. He seemed to be processing things, or he was confused.

"Like, our friendship and everything... All is forgiven."

Slowly, Ashton smiled and said, "Really?"

"Yeah," I nodded.

"I think starting over is a great idea," He agreed.

"Okay good," I smiled. I looked over at him now and noticed a small smile placed across his face. Before I could say anything more, my phone slipped out of my hand. I reached down to grab it but touched something else. When I pulled it up to see what it was, I let out a small laugh.

"What?"

"Shut the hell up," I smiled. "You still have this thing?" I pulled up an old CD cover with a clear cover showing an old mix CD that had the list of songs on the back of the case written in my hand writing. I read over the list that said:

1. Who Can It Be Now - Men At Work
2. Psycho Killer - Talking Heads
3. Rosanna - Toto
4. Highway Star - Deep Purple
5. Wouldn't It Be Nice - Beach Boys
6. Dreams - Fleetwood Mac
7. Go Your Own Way - Fleetwood Mac
8. Nights On Broadway - Bee Gees
9. Fool In The Rain - Led Zeppelin
10. Drive - The Cars
11. Babe I'm Gonna Leave You - Led Zeppelin
12. Slave To Love - Bryan Ferry
13. Goodbye Blue Sky - Pink Floyd
14. Last Train To London - Electric Light Orchestra
15. Fool On The Hill - The Beatles
16. Every Breath You Take - The Police
17. Mother Natures Son - The Beatles
18. Sun King - The Beatles
19. Turn To Stone - ELO
20. Hold On Tight - ELO

"Oh, yeah I actually listen to that all the time," Ashton chuckled.

"Why does it say 'Angels playlist'?" I asked, reading Ashton's handwriting on the front of the case.

"Because I always thought it was funny how good you were. You never messed up. You're an angel." He chuckled slightly at the nickname he game me. I chose to ignore it.

"Can I play it now?" I asked, still examining the song titles. "Damn, I made this for you years ago! It has such good songs on it!"

"Yeah," Ashton pressed a button that ejected a different disk from the player and pushed mine in.

Who Can It Be Now? by Men At Work began to play through the speakers and I threw my head back in laughter. "This song is so funny!"

"I love this song!" Ashton laughed now. "It reminds me of the Sexy Sax Man song."

"C'mon Ash. It's called Careless Whisper by George Michael!"

"You don't think I know that?" He scolded jokingly.

"This song is so classic," I giggled and turned the volume up a bit. "It gets old though." I pushed the next button and the song changed to the next one. Psycho Killer's low bass line started up now, causing me to bob my head.