chapter twenty six

I woke up in my bed, trying to recall how I ended up there. Flashes of the memories were coming back the more I thought, but nothing was clear. I didn't feel as sick as I thought I would. All of my perceptions about drinking were being changed and I kind of liked it. I stood and felt a slight head ache, but nothing unbearable. I walked down stairs and remembered that I was cleaning last night. I chuckled to myself and walked to the kitchen.

I grabbed another water bottle and remembered that Ashton had given me two last night. I looked over to the spot that we sat at and started recalling our conversation. I took a deep breath and laughed at myself, trying not to hate myself from the embarrassment.

"I'm going to die," Freya mumbled as she walked in to the kitchen. "When did you clean up?"

"I think last night," I laughed.

"Oh my god, that's classic," she chuckled and moved to the fridge.

I decided on a bowl of cereal and sat at the bar. It wasn't clean, but there was no trash or cups anywhere.

"How are you feeling?" Freya asked me.

"Pretty okay," I admitted. "Ashton took care of me last night."

"Like, took care? or took care," she wiggled her eyebrows.

"Oh, stop," I blushed.

Ashton walked in with a smirk on his face and grabbed a bowl himself.

I put my palm to my face and tried to fight off another blush.

"Good morning, Wynter. You look rather.. red," Ashton teased.

"I hate you both," I laughed and continued to eat my food.

"Are you hung over?" Ashton asked.

"I mean, kinda?" I wasn't sure exactly how I felt. I just felt as though I hadn't gotten enough sleep.

"Do you remember anything?" Ashton asked.

"I mean, kind of," I shrugged. "Why did I do something?"

He didn't look me in the eyes which was unlike him. His face blushed and I grew worried.

"Oh no, what did I say?" I winced.

"Sober Wynter wouldn't tell me," He almost smiled.

I recalled saying that, but what was I talking about? I thought really hard to put together the pieces in my head until I could remember what I was implying. It all started to come back to me and I realized I tried to tell him that I was in love with him. I wasn't sure why, I'd never really thought about being in love with him before. I mean, there were the occasional feelings I had, but that was it..

"My God, you two are the worst when you are drunk. I swear to god," Freya laughed and sat on the counter. "What did you say, Wyn?"

"I told him I was.. I said I loved you, right?" I asked.

He nodded, seeming slightly uncomfortable.

"I don't know why," I lied. I had an idea, but I really hadn't thought much of it.

"Drunk words are sober thoughts, right?" Ashton smirked.

"You put that in my head," I pointed to Freya.

Freya busted up laughing and shrugged. "It's true! Damn, you two need to figure each other out. You have so much tension, what the hell is wrong with you two?"

"That's a great question," I sighed. I really did know why I was acting so weird with Ashton now. Things were just so different. I didn't know what to make of us now. Ashton didn't love me anymore and he was my best friend, so naturally I know that I don't feel the same way. Or so I told myself that.