Chapter 6

New cover credit goes to @louisdontletmego. Beautiful cover! Thank you so much. Xx

--------------

Chapter 6

Breakfast with Harry is definitely different than breakfast with Liam. Harry never lets Niall stop smiling and that is a great feeling he hasn't had in a while. Harry would pick his food up with the back of his hands so he was at an even difficulty as Niall. The younger boy fumbles his food more then often and he'd just laugh at it easily, so Niall does too. Niall would like to spend every morning like this if he could.

Bath time with Harry was much different then with Liam as well. Niall would blush more and Harry got naked along with Niall in addition. They would bath together and Harry would make sure that he is extra careful around Niall's- almost dissolved- stitches and he massaged shampoo into his fading blond hair. Eventually Niall falls asleep with his back against Harry's tattooed chest and perfect arms wrapped around him.

It felt like the best day of his life until Harry had so go home. Harry's face literally drops when Niall mentions that visitation hours are over in 15 minutes.

"You can always come see me tomorrow." Niall tells Harry with a shy smile.

"I will, don't worry." Niall and Harry's gazes connect and the younger boy kisses Niall's jaw softly but sadly.

"Okay... but what's wrong?" Niall traces the bone on the side of Harry wrist with his thumb carefully.

Harry swallows loudly and looks to where Niall is caressing him softly. "Don't freak out but..." Harry exhales slowly and pulls Niall's occupied hand into his, curing his fingertips to brush along the back of Niall's quivering pale hand. "Your parents... they, um, sold your apartment and pub... they thought you weren't going to... erm, live through the coma, our stuff is in a storage unit a couple towns over. They paid for it all to be moved and stored..." Harry announces bashfully. "They were out of town and... they thought they did what was best." he defends.

Niall stared at the wall that was a few feet from the foot of his bed and contemplated every thing Harry just said.

"Those... those... bastards." Niall whispered, afraid that his full voice would crack and waver. "Why couldn't they have just wait until I died first or something. Then they wouldn't have made me a jobless and homeless bum." Niall cringes immediately at his own words and he looks at Harry sympathetically. "Sorry, I didn't mean-..."

"I guess that makes two of us, yeah?" Harry chuckles quietly but he barely even smiles. "I suppose your parents forgot that not everyone has as much money as they do. Some people need there job to pay rent for the month." Niall just catches Harry's sad smile before the boy turns away to wipe a tear from his skin.

"You mean... Harry, are you...- where are you staying? With Louis and Zayn?" Niall asks squeezing his hand gently, aware that he should over work himself. He sees Harry's shoulders jerk up and down. The boy cries silently.

"Not exactly." he whispers.

Niall lifts his arm the best he can and hugs around Harry's shoulders as they sit side by side. "Please, don't go back to that, sweetheart. Please, there are people out there who care about you, they'll let you stay with them." Niall says. Harry lets his head fall onto Niall's shoulder and he closes his eyes, forcing his tears to flood over and run down his face.

"Who would I ask Niall? Lou and Zayn? Sure we're friends but I cant possibly expect them to let me live in their home forever! Niall, I had already stayed a week with them. I can't ask them for things anymore, they've done so much. I can't." Harry cries, but Niall can tell he is holding back. Harry said he'd be strong, and he's noticeably trying his absolute hardest.