The Promise chapter 1

Tell me if you like it or not, because this is different from what I usually write haha

The Promise

Chapter 1

Nikki's POV

Hi, I am Nikki and I live in Cherry Lane, California. I recently stopped being best friends with a girl named Cassidy. She dumped me for a new popular girl, who promised Cassidy that she would make her high school years the best years of her life. I give their friendship a year. I'm not over being friends. I crave for the friendship to just somehow pop up like a peek-a-boo. I learned today that the dream I was living of us being friends in the future was never going to happen. "Like I said, I want all the stuff I have ever given you," Cassidy said in her business voice. "Yeah whatever," I said sighing. I must have forgotten to tell you that Cassidy also has changed her appearance. Total popular look alike. I glared at her new look. Cassidy's long black hair was cut to her shoulders, and no longer black. It was this blonde with a weird mixture of red? She traded in her favorite jeans from American Eagle to True Religions. I'm not the one to say that she looks ugly. Ok maybe I might be able to. I won't say it. "Your shirt is really slutty," I blurted. Cassidy looked down at her outfit. "Thank you," she replied. Don't let her get to you, don't let her get to you. "Here's your stuff. Now get out of my damn house," I said while shoving the box of stuff in her hands. "Trust me, your house is about as exciting as watching Hannah Montana," Cassidy answered. I just stared at her. How could someone I've been friends with for 9 years just trash talk about me and my house? I would love to egg her 7 bedroom house. Better yet, egg her.  

Where's my TV remote? "Clark have you seen my TV remote?" I ask my Maltese dog. He turned around and went into the sun room. Well he sure helped. I heard Clark's feet trotting back into my room. I turn around to find my remote in his mouth. "You found it!" I said smiling. I gently took it out of his mouth, flopped on my bed, and turned my TV to MTV. "Oh look Clark," I said "one of the daughters of that star nobody cares about anymore." Recently Darren Roy decided it was best for the family if he stopped being famous. His two daughters, Blaine and Chloe, hated him because he was always gone. "Same story as always Clark," I said scratching his ears. I started watching an MTV special about paparazzi stalking Roy's family for answers. "Well Darren Roy, answer the question," the MTV reporter said fiercely. "My wife and kids would have left me," Darren answered with an expression I can't describe. Seriously MTV, skip this stuff and put on Teen Mom. As I was flipping through the channels, Clark barked. "Do you like this channel Clark?" I said laughing. Hmm, Clark likes ICarly.  

I have to deal with one more day of school before summer. It was around 7:00, and Mom and Dad just came home from a meeting with one of the teachers of my older brother's school. "What did he do this time?" I screamed from my room. I didn't get an answer. Uh oh. My brother Jake isn't the best student. He gets bad grades until he finally has to get good grades to pass. Good thing I'll be in high school in August to save my 16 year-old brother from danger. Jake and I are best friends. I get him better than his friends. I wouldn't say his friends are bad influences like my parents say. He's not, I repeat not going to change to please people. Not even our parents. I turn off my TV, and slowly walk into my brothers room. "Want to talk about it?" I ask quietly. Jake looked up and smiled. "Something stinks," I muttered. "My friends," he answered. "Parents are blaming you for smoking?" I asked quietly. He nodded. I don't think my brother smokes. I don't like his friends very much. He thinks they are cooler than his old friends. He only has one friend from his old clique. The only friend who's keeping him from being like his smoking buddies. "The parent's are going to question you Nikki," Jake said sighing. I sat on his bed. "I can't lie and say I didn't know that your friends are smoking," I whispered. "Nikki!" My parents yelled from downstairs. Jake looked upset. "I'll lie," I answered. Before he could say anything, I ran out of the room. Don't screw this up Nikki. I walked down the spiral staircase, and met my parents in the kitchen. "Sit down." My dad ordered. I sat down. I looked at my parents face to look for something that didn't show they were mad. "Did you know Jake's friends smoke?" Mom questioned. I sighed. "No." "You sure?" my dad asked. "I didn't know ok," I said. They both nodded. I got up and walked up to go to the library in our house. I walked all the way to the end of the library, and opened my secret book case. I grabbed the Cassidy And Me book I made. Jake came into the room silently, and opened his secret book case also. "How's your smoke obsessed girlfriend?" I asked. "Dumped me for a smoker from another school," he answered. "Thanks for lying by the way," he said smiling. I just smiled back.

Blaine's POV

"Leave us alone!" I screamed at the MTV people. Once all the body guards got me safely in my house I relaxed a little. "She's a blogger Dad!" I heard my sister Chloe say. Curious me walked over to where Chloe was sitting. "You want me to read some girls blog?" Dad said with a confused look. Chloe nodded. "She's really good Dad." "Why do you want me to read it?" Dad questioned. "Because you said you need something to read now that you're not a star," Chloe said with a smug smile. He sighed, which means that once again Chloe wins. Chloe grabbed her laptop and showed her Dad. "Read out loud so Blaine can hear also," Chloe said smiling.

Dear Blog, 

My brother wanted me to lie to our parent's today. I did of course. I'm not proud of it. What would you do if you're best friend who is your brother asked you to do something like that for him? Moving on from me lying. My ex-best friend came over and asked for all her stuff back. Who does that? Seriously! Anyways, I'm so happy I'm out of school tomorrow. Did anyone hear about the Roy family being done with their famousness? Seriously just throwing it away! They live in New York right? Apparently they will be here in California for the summer! Why would they come to California for the summer if they are trying to get away from the press? I don't understand. I get a lot of readers which is like totally amazing and all, but why would you like to hear about me Nikki Dean? Anyways I'll post more tomorrow. Wish me luck on school tomorrow! XOXOXOXOXOXO Nikki Dean 

"Wasn't she awesome?" Chloe gushed. "We are going to California for the summer?" I asked. "Yes." My mom answered from behind me. "If I'm lucky I can find Nikki Dean!" Chloe said with an excited smile. "She thinks we are sort of shallow Chloe," I said with gritted teeth. Chloe ignored me. "Did you like it Dad?" She's good Chloe," Dad answered. I went into my room and turned on my laptop. Nikki thinks she can just talk about us like that? Like she knows who we are? She would believe anything someone would say I bet. I went on the blogging website. A little blogging of my own to Nikki's wouldn't hurt. Put in a fake screen name of course.

Dear Blog, 

This chick called Nikki Dean thinks she knows all about the Roy family when she doesn't even know Blane's middle name I bet. Don't act like you know people Nikki Dean. Here is what I think about Nikki Dean. She sucks. That is all. No XOXOXO to Nikki Dean. 

Chloe gets notifications whenever people use the word Nikki Dean in their blogs. Stalker much? I hear Chloe running up and into my room. "Well hello there," I said with a smile. She ignored me and pushed me off the computer chair. "AHH!" I screamed. "Nikki Dean replied back to your rude blog post," Chloe said pissed. I knew I would piss Chloe off by writing that blog. Wait. She replied? Nobody ever questions me. Everybody wants to please me. "I'm honestly surprised," I said impressed and slightly mad.

Dear Blog, 

I'm not here to bash talk about someone who said that I sucked because obviously she is jealous and is bored. I do though want to defend myself. I am not here to cause trouble. It was my opinion and if you don't like it, don't read my blogs. I encourage you to still write blogs about your obsession about Blane all you want. Stay away from my blog if you're just going to say how dumb it is. By the way Blane's middle name is Kara. XOXOXO TO YOU

Nikki Dean has nerve.