The Promise Chapter 6

What's up fans? Are you guys ready for another chapter of The Promise? I know I am! Here you go! Here's another chapter of,

The Promise

Chapter 6

Nikki's POV

I heard the front door of the house slam open. Mom and Dad were giggling about something. I heard a crash then more giggles from them. You've got to be kidding me. Mom and Dad are drunk! I listened to them stumble around the house singing some song by Christina Aguilera.

"YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL IN EVERY SINGLE WAY!" Dad sung at the top of his lungs.

"WORDS WON'T BRING ME DOWN! SO DON'T YOU BRING ME DOWN TODAY!" Mom said singing along.

I heard Jake laugh and get out of bed. I giggled as I got out of my bed to help Jake get Mom and Dad into bed. I met Jake at the spiral stairs smiling. We walked down the stairs and found Mom lying on the floor giggling. Dad was holding a beer in his left hand. He was actually fist pumping with his right hand. How embarrassing.

"Hi Mom. Rough night at work again eh? I'm going to get you on up to bed alright my drunk mother," I said to her.

"NO! I WANNA GET BACKSTAGE TO CHRISTINA'S CONCERT! I LOVE HER! I WISH I COULD BE HER BEST FRIEND! WE COULD GO PARTY AND LIKE TALK ABOUT BOYS AT OUR SCHOOL!" Mom yelled in my ear giggling.

I picked her up by her legs and dragged her across the floor to the couch.

"WEE!" Mom screamed laughing.

I tried picking her up, but she kept shooing me away with her hand. I walked away and went into the closet by the TV to grab her a blanket. I heard Jake telling Dad to stop vomiting on the ground and to suck it up. I grabbed the first blanket I saw, and headed over to my Mom. She was vomiting all over the white carpet. I stared in disbelief at how a person can vomit that much. Jake walked in and stopped right next to me. I looked at him, and then looked back at the ground.

"You go get the mop for Dad's mess while I get a glass of water for Mom," I said to Jake sighing at the mess in disgust.

I walked into the kitchen to see my Dad dancing on the kitchen counter. He was screaming something in a language I've never heard of. Must be a drunk language. I walked out of the kitchen hurrying upstairs to my room. I grabbed my cell off my desk and dialed grandma's number.

"Hello? Nikki what are you doing up at four thirty in the morning?" Grandma asked me worried.

"Can you come over grandma? Mom and Dad came home drunk and they keep destroying the house. I don't know how to deal with a drunk person. Usually Jake tells me to stay in my room and he'll take care of it. If you come over maybe you could calm them down?'" I asked her hopefully

"Honey they have to leave for work in a half hour. I'll pick them up and I'll take them to work alright? Just make sure they look a little presentable. Be there in fifteen minutes," Grandma said hanging up the phone before I could answer.

I tossed my cell onto my bed and rushed down the spiral staircase to Jake. Jake was mopping the floor of vomit while Dad and Mom were cracking eggs in a bowl.

"Grandma is picking them up for work in fifteen minutes. I'm going to brush Mom's hair and pour some orange juice down her throat. Mom knew she had a big presentation today. What'll happen once we don't live here anymore and she's drunk!" I said sighing.

Jake stopped mopping the floor and looked at me like I was crazy. I felt like I was crazy. Why do Jake and I have to take care of our drunk parents if they don't even want to take care of us? I went upstairs to get a brush from Mom's room and hurried back down the stairs. Mom was making muffins it looks like. I started brushing her hair the best I could. Jake walked in with an irritated expression on his face. He grabbed the orange juice out of the fridge, opened the cap, and poured the orange juice down Dad's throat. Dad swallowed it then started laughing all over again. I opened Mom's mouth for Jake to pour the juice down it. Jake poured a tiny bit down her throat so she wouldn't start having a major coughing fit.