I

(Y/N)'s POV
"No! Mummy, Daddy! P-please d-don't d-die. I-i can't l-live w-without y-you." I sob into the side of the bed, just as the monitor lets out a continuous beep.
"(Y/N)? (Y/N), I'm really sorry, honey. Mummy and Daddy have gone to a- a better place. They won't hurt anymore, ok?" I look up at the man in the white coat, before breaking down into a fresh wave of hysterical sobs.

11 years later
"FUCK YOU, (Y/N)!" My best friend of 10 years, Sam, hollers at me, before speeding after me.
"Sam, (Y/N). Hasn't anyone ever told you not to run in the halls? You should know - especially as you're some of the most senior agents here."
"Sorry, Zara." I reply sincerely, starting to head back to the living room.
"Why're you in our house?" Sam asks
"Do you even have the key?" Jessie says
"I actually came here to see you guys. And Rebecca too, do you know where she is? Also, Jessie, yes I do."
"I think she might be at the library." I say, just as the front door starts to swing open "or maybe she's back already."
"Hey (Y/NN), Sam, Jes. Oh, hi, Zara. What're you doing here?" Rebecca says
"I came to offer you guys a mission." Zara says
"YUS!" Jessie yells
"Oh goody!" Sam says "I've not been off-site for a mission in months."
"What is it?" I ask, then joke "It must be important though, I mean, as we are... Us. The best-trained 16 year olds ever seen."
"Anyway, it's a protection mission. You've got a mission briefing in 20 minutes. Jacob's office." Zara says, before turning around to go. "I think you four, especially you, (Y/N), are gonna really like this one."
---
This is just a short chapter to start off with.