Chapter 27

A/N: Does anyone know anything about the fic called Riptide? It's on hiatus for a while now and I'm just curious if the author said that she wont continue it ever, because it tore my heart apart and I had to watch Dinah's best moments for 3 days in a row to calm myself down. Anyways THANK YOU for waitng patiently. LOVE YOU

Have you ever been in a situation when you finished something big and you know you should feel free, relieved, happy, joyful and all kinds of positive things but you're just extremely exhausted? Camila slayed her exam, she was the first who finished it in less than thirty minutes and now her only wish was to lay down on her bed and sleep until the semester starts again. She was truly drained and the sleepless nights, the aftermath of the adrenaline high and her overworked brain really took a toll on her. She almost forgot about the another woman in her dormitory room. Almost.

The brunette really wanted to talk about everything. She wanted to be in the clear with the American, spill the truth about her feelings and just have something final whatever it would be because she just doesn't want to live in the state of 'what ifs'. The student was well aware that the much needed conversation is on the way but her mind was not really working and she hoped the musician will understand that she barely speaks English in this state so she would wait just a little bit more. After that Camila would give her the answer, their choice, even if it means the end for them and whatever messy relationship/friendship/ship they have.

For her luck jet lag was on her side and she found the pale-skinned singer still deeply asleep in her best friend's bed. She looked peaceful and ethereal. When she was this close, she was everything the brunette wished for, but the thing was that she was barely this close. And the foggy brain of Camila's decided that she will enjoy this closeness until she can so she changed into her pajamas and carefully scooted under the blankets as close to the raven-haired Latina as she can without actually touching her and waking her up. She inhaled the sweet scent of the dreaming girl, let out a big sigh and let herself get consumed by unconsciousness.

– Camz! Camila! Wake up! – Lauren's desperate voice shook her out of the darkness, only - what it seemed like - five minutes since she fell asleep.

– What's wrong? – she murmured and fought for her eyelids to flutter open.

– It's 9:03! You're late! You have an exam today and you should have been there at 8! – The American's voice was worried but the rough huskiness from her slumber was still there and it woke up Camila's senses better than the urgency in it or the shaking.

– I already was there and passed it. Now come cuddle and let me sleep – she mumbled and grabbed Lauren's hand to pull the girl closer to her own body.

She felt the hesitance in the touch of the green-eyed Latina but she wasn't in the mood for speaking, explaining or her wishes being denied so she just yanked the singer's torso closer and flushed their bodies together. She rested her head on Lauren's crook of neck, giving it a gentle peck and she fell back asleep again.

Lauren tried to fight with the smile on her face but it was pointless so she just let it spread through her face. Camila was in her arms sleeping peacefully and she knew that if the younger woman has faith in that they have the slightest chance to work out than she will give them a go and if she didn't then they will finally have what they didn't have back then. Some kind of closure.