Chapter 8

– How is it possible? It's not a freakin' Shakespeare drama! – Camila was marching up and down in her apartment. – I'm a huge idiot.

After the realization about her feelings hit her on the set, she lived in comfortable denial for about twelve hours. But now, it was the next day and she couldn't get Lauren out of her head.

✕ They spent the small time they had on the shoot with talking, flirting, eating and carefully avoiding to mention their almost-kiss, so they didn't even come close to repeating or completing it. She was nervous when she had to leave. She was afraid that after that day, something will change between them, but for her biggest relief, the next day proved her fears to be wrong. The raven-haired woman picked her up at their usual meeting spot and took her to a Cuban food truck, and it was amazing. The food, the weather, Lauren. Everything. The musician talked about what happened after Camila left, how long is it going to be to finish the after-works for the video, what are they doing in the studio, how are they rehearsing for a show. She talked about her life and the foreigner just drank her words.

When the green-eyed woman dropped her off their hug was significantly longer than before, but not uncomfortable at all. Quite the opposite actually. So that's how Camila ended up angrily walking in her apartment, randomly hitting pillows and talking to herself.

– I've read too many sappy romantic novels. I blame you, Nicholas Sparks! – She tossed a pillow into her bed. – I know her for five days. Five! I can count it on one hand! No, no... I'm probably just overdramatizing it. It's just a major crush. Like, a massive one. – She argued with herself, when the ringing phone cut off her thoughts. She thought it's the hospital, because nobody ever called her but her mentor, so when she saw Lauren's name flashing on the screen, she felt her body immediately heating up and that goofy smile creep up to her face again.

Hey Lo! Miss me already? – she giggled.

Hi Camz! I can't answer that question correctly, can I? – For average, normal people the mobile device was evil and contorted their voice, but Lauren through the phone was one thing Camila could listen for the rest of her life.

Am I that predictable? – Camila asked and sat down to her bed next to the previously abused pillow.

No, I just know you – Lauren answered sincerely. – So, listen, I called you because I wanted to ask you something. Actually I want to ask it for a while now, but I keep forgetting when I'm with you, so it's actually your fault, because you distract me – she chuckled.

Camila couldn't think of anything to talk about, but she knew usually nothing good came after these kind of things, so she just grabbed her pillow, hugged it tightly, held her breath and hoped it's not about her pretty obvious crush on the woman.

Well, DJ saw Las Vegas on your list on Monday and we happen to have a show there on Saturday, so if you haven't made plans for your weekend I thought it would be cool if you would come – Lauren was hoping she wasn't late with the invitation.

Camila wanted to go quite badly. Firstly, because Lauren will be there, secondly, because Las Vegas really was on her list and lastly, because she doesn't want to spend her weekend alone and she didn't make any other friends, but the girls from Fifth Harmony. On the other hand it was risky. The media could spot her with the green-eyed girl and she could end up in a gossip magazine. Lauren had a lot of stories going on about her personal life, including her sexuality and dating with women and Camila knew it wasn't true - at least the dating part - but it just raised the risk and she didn't know if she wanted to take it. Plus, she didn't even know two of the girls, she didn't want to interrupt the group's bonding time.