chapter 2

Sebastian's POV

My eyes flutter open as I hear the mechanical whir of the machine.

It quickly opens up and powers down, silence filling the room once again.

Alan snaps his fingers and almost immediately the wall flips leaving a mirror in its place. I stand in front of it looking my new self over.

My old pale self was now a lot darker. My ghostly skin a nice tan color. My light brown eyes now a bright electric blue. My nearly white-blonde hair, was now a jet black, matching my new clothes.

"Sorry if you don't like your eyes, it's a default in the machine it always makes the eyes some weird bright color, it happened to all of us" Alan says looking at me through the mirror.

For the first time I notice his bright green eyes which completely stands out from his dark suit and bold head.

"Its fine, I like them" I say forming a small smile "what's next"?

"Go meet with any body you want, but be ready to start training in an hour or so. You wont be getting your first target until your a master mage, that may take years".

My earlier happiness quickly disappearing, my face falls to the floor. I have to restart schooling. Atleast it's magic.

My curiosity gets the best of me as I remember earlier, or yesterday I dont really know.

"Is there any one here that I should get to know" I ask thinking about my stalker

"Well there's Mary, tho you might know her more than you think" he says the last thing low enough that I can't here him.

"You should go talk to her, she should be in the common room, along with everyone else".

I tried to hide the confusion to why he only mentioned her. "Where's the common room, and what does this 'Marie' look like".

"Two halls down on the left" suddenly he smirks "just look for boots"

This time I let the confusion fill my face as Allen lets out a small laugh. Opening the door I head to the common room.

I look through the crowds of people talking to each other. One girl stands out among the rest.

She leans back in the chair her feet up on the table show off her light brown dog boots. The rest of dark clothes matching it perfectly.

Her left hand holds a book open while her right plays with a Zippo. Her silver-mid length hair contradicts her clothes but they still look like they belong together.

I slowly walk over to her. She slowly looks up to me as I begin to speak.

"I'm new here, Alan told me to get to know you, my name is-" I freeze as her face finally comes into view, her bright red eyes cutting into his mind "-rey" I mutter.

Sorry this chapter is a little shorter but I felt like this was a really good stopping place.. so I realize I didn't introduce Rey A.K.A. Mary before but Sebastian does know her really well... you guys will get to know the real her and maybe in the future the old her... I don't know we'll see