chapter 6

3rd person

The battlefield was covered in ash. Sebastian lay bloody and bruised, the life quickly leaving his body.

His friends, Alan and Rey, slightly less hurt, stood on guard, waiting for their next attacker.

The one thing they didn't expect was what was waiting for them on the outside of the ash. Sebastian Walker, mangled and killed.

He had won the battle, but could not survive the war.

As the ash cleared both of their eyes widened and they froze. Rey was the first one to move.

She quickly ran over to him and stuck her hands above his chest. A yellow glow emitted from her hands.

Tears fell from her eyes as the glow stopped. She looked to his face. It was pale and covered in blood. His black hair nearly red from the stains.

She picked him up hugging him and crying "sebastian, you bastard, you didn't listen to me, why do you never listen" she muttered choking on her words.

A hand rested softly on her shoulder, gently pulling her away.He picked the boy up and put him on his shoulder carrying him to the car, he layed him on the backseat and went back for Rey.

She lay rolled in a ball and that's exactly how he carried her back to the car.

After he buckled her up she layed back the seat. Gripping Sebastian's shirt and pulling him as close to her as possible.

Alan didn't even put on his seatbelt as he started the car, throwing it into gear. He peeled out in a half circle and took off, keeping the accelerator on the floor.

As the MAM agency came into view the car reached 400 mph and shut off. They coasted the rest of the way into the agency.

As soon as they where there Alan was out of the car with Sebastian in his hands.

He jogged towards the entrance, kicking the doors open. He sprinted through the white hallways.

As he got to a room marked 78 he knocked once with his foot and then pushed through it with his shoulders.

"Fix him, fix him now" he yelled as he threw Sebastian on the bed "he's just a kid, he can't die" he yelled as he spun on his heels to look at the girl.

Worry filled her face as she caught sight of Alan's face. Though it was quickly turned to determination as she nodded and headed towards Sebastian.

The woman kneeled in front of the dead body and stuck her hands on his chest, his body glowing red.

Alan went back to the car to get Rey.

Everybody stared as Rey was carried through the common room to her bedroom.

Curiosity filled their faces as they wandered what could make such a powerful and badass wizard, break down and cry too the point of having to be carried.

After Alan out her back in her room he went back to Sebastian. As he entered the lady told him to stay quiet.

"It should only be an hour or so now" the lady said quietly "this time keep him out of trouble, as you already know, this can't happen again".

Alan nodded showing he understood. He would protect Sebastian with his life.

2 and a half hours later
Rey's room

Rey opened her eyes to the sound of her door opened. Her breath caught in her throat as she saw who was standing there.

"Hey rey" a strained Voice called from the door way. Her eyes widened when she realized it was true.

"Sebastian..."