chapter-3

"hey Rey I'm Marie" she says with a fake smile. My face heats up "i-im not Rey, you are". Realization hits her "oh you must have met me during a mission, I'm not gonna remember you tho, I'm assuming your new that means you got a new look".

I sweat drop mentally cursing myself for forgetting that fact. "I-its me S-sebastian".

"No fucking way, seriously?!" This time her smile is real "I've been wondering when you where gonna get picked up".

She gets up and gives me a hug. Everyone's instantly goes quiet and looks at her. She looks around a blush spreading on her face.

"What!!" She yells pulling a butterfly knife from here boot and flicking it open. Her face completely red now. "You got a fucking problem with me!!"

Everyone slowly begins to continue their conversations. She flips the blade closed and puts it back up.

"W-What was that about, r-rey". she looks at me like I'm weird "dude it's Marie".

"R-right" I say my face heating up again. 'How does she do that to me, she never use to before'.

"So, Sebastian, do you know how this place works yet" she asks, slightly curious.

"Not much, the basics really" I say nonchalantly. "So would you happen to know who your partner is" she asks trying to hide the fact that she cares, though I can tell it's in vain.

"Partner!? I was told I have to train until I'm a master before I can get a target, apparently I'm some prophecy or something, I was told it's gonna take awhile" I state.

Her face drops slightly at that.

"I gotta go" she mutters. My smile quickly fades as she turns on her heel and walks away.

Right after she leaves Alan comes walking in from the same hallway.

"The hell did you say to her, I've never seen her so happy in my life" Alan states amusement on his face.

"R-really I made her happy" I say as my face heats up again. Alan smirks, it's weird seeing him without an emotion less face.

"Looks like Sebastian has a little crush" he teases pinching my cheek. "I-I do not" I state slapping his hand away.

His face suddenly becomes serious. "Good now let's get started on your training".

We reach a training room and he stops to look at me. "First we will use this to test your magic type" he says handing me a small staff.

"Just point it and say the word 'now' in your head, even the worst of mages can use it"

"Of course if you have two types like me, then the staff could have some dramatic effect".

I point the staff towards the far wall and fire.

A huge burst of lava shoots towards the wall but doesn't last long as the staff turns to stone.

"Alright so you have lava and stone I guess.. never seen that combination before, this should get interesting".

Yes I know this one is short but the next chapter is gonna skip all his training so it was needed to be stopped here.. I actually stretched it farther than I was going to