Chapter 1

INTRO

I swim in the beach, warm water swaying around me. Seeing nothing to it, i lay on my back and look at the sky. Comparing the clouds to animals or objects i've known formally in my life. I hear screams and as i turn around i see why. " Theres no way , " i think.

A huge wave envelopes me and i feel my body loosing oxygen, slowly giving up. And as I open my eyes, letting the saltwater sting me, i see a face. And then all i can remember is being lifted out and then black.

Thats what i tell everyone. It's a pretty popular story around here in this little beach town, Cantenu. It especially helped keep it on the local newspaper for multiple weeks that well, i was only 6. I still remember his face clearly, to this day, 12 years later. My parents had cried a little, they weren't too bad of parents, but i kept to myself most of the time. I find it strange since i forget most things easily, but not him. I would draw him all the time, even to this day. A sketchbook full of him. I never knew who he was, or what he was, but i didn't care. He save me right? That had to mean something.

. .

. .

. .

. .

. .

I woke up taking the blanket of my bed off my body. I look at my phone, " 12;50 , Missed call from Cara ( Caradelia ) ( best-friend ) "

I click on her icon the phone ringing on speaker as i get dressed. But by th time she picks up i have successfully gotten on my usual attire, skinny jeans, white vans, and a band Tee.

" Elizabeth!"

"Yes.."

"How come you didn't pick up when i called."

"Sorry i was asleep!"

"Mhhm, whatever, anyways..

so there's this beach party and you need to come i already have your outfit ready!"

"What time ?"

" 6:00, but come over right now."

"Okay i'll be there in 10."

-

I hang up the phone and walk out of my beach house, salt water clear in the air. I reach for my bike, painted in yellow, and drive off to Cara's house.

-

I enter her house and a couple movies and snacks later, it's time to get ready. I allowed Cara to get ready first by herself so I could lazily watch tv for another 30 minutes.

"Time to get ready!"

ugh. I stand up and get shoved a short black dress and silver shoes.

"This dress is a little short...." i imply

"So" she replies, throwing my clothes with me into the bathroom.

-

I dress quickly. walking out of the bathroom and into Cara's room within 5 minutes. She sits me down infront of her mirror and begins to " fix " my face. She applies a light smokey eye and a neutral pink lipstick, which i like a lot,, actually. And after an hour of cara doing touchups on herself were out of the door and into her car.

-

We arrive at the party shortly after , drunk teenagers filling the parking lot. We park by a curb and get out of the car.

Cara promised to stay with me the whole time but after a max of 10 minutes i loose her. As i search for her im greeted by a man.

"Hello" He says

"Hi." I say not looking up still in search for my friend.

I hear him say something but i don't bother to listen. But yet again i'm bothered by some one else. But this time achohol is clear on this guys breath.

without warning he grabs my arm tightly and drags me out of the room.

" Somebody help !" i scream but with no luck, or so i thought. I'm locked into a room with the man, clearly out of his mind.

And just when i loose hope a thud sounds , banging on the door is someone! The Man in the room laughs. The sound of banging stops and he door is kicked down immediately. And I see a blur and the man is nowhere to be seen. And as i look up at my " hero " somewhat,

its .... it's him! The man that saved me years ago is back again. Although this time im able to beg him to stay, but i can't get the words out.

"Please don't leave me." I think to myself being too shocked to speak out loud.

"I won't, not anymore i promise, my names Connor.. by the way." he awnsers my thoughts.

I can't help but lean into him, temptation coursing through me.
-
Then his body slams into mine, happiness and recklessness course through me
and then black.