Chapter 4

I walk down the hall tears streaming down my face. I didn't know, It's not my fault. I assume telling Connor of Thomas' actions would be best but then i start thinking. Thomas isn't a bad person he most likely just wanted a child. I send for Thomas , and i open the door of his room.

"Thomas, we need to talk I say" as i look past the wall I see Connor beating Thomas up.

"No!" I scream and step in between them, getting punched in the face in the process. I fall to the ground and black out immediately.
-
I wake up to the sound of crying. i blink repeatedly and open my eyes asking

"whats going on, how long have i been here? "

"You got hit by a vampire Elizabeth what did you expect, you've been out for 8 months, your almost due" Connor says sobbing.
" Do you know how hard it's been for me?" He says still crying, hugging me, holding me in his arms. "I 've missed you so-" But he's interrupted by the doctor.

"It's time." The doctor announces.

This is too much to handle, but I do as I'm told not having enough energy to speak up.

"Push!" She says, and I do so with so much force the first baby comes out with only 3 tries. I'm screaming in pain, I feel s if im being ripped in half. it's only the anticipation of seeing my children that keeps me going.
The next baby was more difficult and took 10, with just as equal pain.

-

I'm dizzy as i hold my children in my hands. I stare at Thomas as he walks into the room, all he wanted was a child. I don't hold anything against him but I'm positive Connor does.

They both stare at my children wondering whose or which is theirs.

The nurse hen breaks the news to me that they need to be taken to the ICU. I feel my heart ripped in half as y own children or ripped from me. I get a strange feeling about the nurse when i come into contact with her skin. I brush it off though, what would i know, I'm just a carrier, right?

-

I stare at Connor as we sit in my room. He's hiding something from me I can tell. He's pacng the room learly hearing my thoughts, which i take as a confirmation. "Tell me." I say.

I have no clue what it is but he willingly starts speaking.

" You're not just a carrier, your more."

"And that is?"

"Royalty, Your grandmother ran from here before she had to claim her throne, having your mother and well you get it."

Im at a loss of words.

"Please keep it a secret i ask of him."

"I will, I love you."

I think of replying the same back but choose, " me too." Making him upset leaving a frown on his face as he drifts to sleep.