No hope

Nia's POV

I woke up, shivering like crazy (as a result of sleeping on the cold and hard wooden floor I guess...)
Sitting up, I strain my neck to glance at myself in the mirror only to have my eyes widen in disgust. Wow, okay, I look bad...My hair was going haywire and there's dribble on my chin and shirt! Standing up, I toss on an old NASA jumper someone donated to the orphanage and changed into a pair of clean and matching ripped black jeans. The small clock on my nightstand read 12:38 pm...uh oh...I quickly combed my hands through my hair to tidy it a bit and rush down the hall, pulling down my shoes as I go. The other kids are messing amongst themselves in the toy room...
I take a deep breath before entering. One kid shushes loudly and everyone in the room fell silent. I gulped.. "Uh....h-hi guys..." I gulp, fidgeting with my jumper sleeves. Oh dear...More staring... "I'm sorry...for uh, running away yesterday...things got a bit out of hand...". The kids didn't have to know... "Anyways, I just wanted to say, try and behave today. Catch people's attention, okay? I hope each of you get a lovely home. You all deserve one!" They had a brilliant and contagious smile on their faces..and replied with only two words... "Thank you!"
I left the room and went to make sure all the children's beds were made. Most were but the one that weren't I fixed it for them. It hit 1:25 when I had time to just make it downstairs and line up with the other children. The door opens at 1:30 so Ann explains what's going to happen.
Greet the adults

Go to your room

Wait until the adults enter the room

That was all the information we got. We had to try our best. The time was now 1:30 and the parents were let in. I took a step away from the little kids because the parent were only instered in them. " wait! Where are you going? " I hear a voice I didn't want to hear say. I looked over to see and with her arms folded. "To my room" I reply " Nobody wants a stupid 11 year old girl." That not true and you know it Nia!"
Ann says in a calm tone trying not to show anger in her face. I don't react and just walk away. " wait! Sorry we're late, traffic!" A voice says. I know it from somewhere...