part 1.

she grabbed her keys and ran out of the house. boy, was she going to be yelled at. starting the engine, she picked up her phone and went straight to her texts with jack.

eliza: emergency. pick you up in 5?

jack: wait what? it'll 11 p.m. woman, i need my beauty sleep.

eliza: lmao what beauty? can you please just be outside your house in 5 minutes?

jack: oml. okay. better be worth it.

eliza: im always worth it.

she drove four blocks down and turned to jack's house, and surely enough, ther he was standing in the front fully clothed. 

she unlocked the door and let him in. "okay, what's the emergency?" she looked straight ahead and drove. 

"i needed to get away." jack rubbed his head. "goddamnit el, you and your midnight getaways." he said.

"yo, no ones forcing you to drive, so sit back and relax." she says. "im aussie, we don't relax!" he yelled jokingly. 

"okay jack, just hush and let me drive." she turned on the radio and lowered it a little. they both listened to the music and made up their own fantasies from the lyrics.

"so where exactly are we going? i only left my parents a note." jack asked her. 

"um, well first of all, anywhere far from here, so i was looking for like an open field where i can see all the stars." she truly was art in a world that was still learning to paint. 

"hello? sleep? ever heard of it? we humans do it occasionally." she looked at him. "money?" she asked. "i brung my wallet." he replied. 

"boom, hotel. i pay for gas and snack and you pay for hospitality." she says, ever so confidently.

"i did not sign up for this..." he begins. "but darling, you sure did."

"just because im your best friend doesnt mean i do whatever you want me to," he jokes. "then are we really best friends?" she makes the world stop in matter of words.

disclaimer: im in no way a great writer lol this is just for fun and probably has so many grammar mistakes.