The Masochist

A/N: This is just a short novel, guys. Thank you for reading this. Sorry for my typo errors. I will edit this as soon as I can. :)

***********

Chapter One: The Masochist

Pain.

If there was someone who knew about that feeling, it was Danger. Pain was like a strong inevitable poison slowly crawled inside her frigid body, ate her damn soul alive, and made her senses became blurr out of depression and frustrations.

"Hey you freak." Arianne was pointing out her finger to Danger. Her left hand was on her slender waist. Her big, round eyes were glaring at Danger with suspicion and malice. "I saw you with Ezekiel this afternoon. I warn you to stay away from him."

They were both in the kitchen.

Danger silently slicing some veggies for her ingredients, she didn't even bother to take a look on her sister's pretty face. A good and silent night was just ruined. Thanks to her dear bitchy sister. As usual, Arianne wore her favorite white shorts and fitted pink blouse with floral design in front. Her long dark auburn hair was perfect on her small chiseled face. Her three feet-inch sandals towering her, Danger didn't utter a word. She had enough with this nonsense issue. How could she stay away from him?

She was gorgeous. Her sister was voted as their Campus Queen. Every guy in their school desired her to be her boyfriend. Arianne was the Team Captain of their cheering squad and a volleyball varsity as well. She even excelled in class. And she was looking down at her with her with what-I-want-I-get look, that made Danger's face frowned.

"Ezekiel is not yours," Danger reminded her about that. Technically, her bestfriend liked her sister so damn much and yet there was no courting happened. "You are just assuming."

"What did you say?"

"My bestfriend is not your boyfriend," she uttered coldly.

He will never be yours. Ezekiel is mine, and mine alone.

"I want him and he will be my boyfriend, Danger." Her voice gave Danger an assurance and it appalled to her. "And when that big day comes, I want you to stay out of his life for good."

Why him? Of all men who loved to be with her, why did she choose her own bestfriend? There was no one there who could give her comfort, only him. He was there at those times when Danger needed someone to talk to. Ezekiel never got tired of listening her dramas. He was her savior, her knight, and her world.

He was perfect and she was not. Her sister and him would be a ideal couple. But still..

I won't allow it to happen. Not in my watch.

"I won't follow any order, especially to you," Danger muttered. She was still slicing a carrot. Her face was retrained, her gaze was still on the table and yet her presence was wide awake, ready to every kind of situation.

She and Ezekiel were bestfriend since grade school. So for her, Arianne's words were just ridiculous.

Nothing or no one would go in her way to be with the man she loved.

"Back off, Danger."

"And if I won't?"

"You'll regret it. I swear!"

"Like what, little doll? I'm not afraid of you."

Her sister went silent for a moment.

Until she stepped forward and pats her forehead intentionally. "You're nothing but a freak!"