The Bloody Game

Leaving with no choice, Danger pouted her lips while hurriedly walked downstairs towards her secret cabinet. For her, that was supposed to be hidden, that even her closest friends, including these two behind her, who were eyeing on her as if she comitted a sin shouldn't know.

Okay, that was really her creative idea in the first place--make her sister suffer. But Danger only gave her a little pain and fear after what she had done to her. Arianne should understand that she was different. She wasn't just a typical adopted, freak, loser sister that she wanted to play on whenever she liked.

Danger wanted her to scream but not to death. She cursed at that thought, hoping that she would figure out who was behind this before their parents appeared in this house. Were there really anacondas on Arianne's bedroom? Or was she just make it for them to get panic?

Where are their parents anyway?

Their mother was a school teacher in the nearby town and their father was a famous cop.

"Hurry, Danger!" Ezekiel demanded her. Still, she was silent. They kept on walking downstairs until they all stopped, facing a blank wall painted with peach colors.

If it wasn't for this man, she wouldn't help her sister. It would be more entertaining to witness her lifeless body than helping her and then screwing her the next day. She swore, Danger was really tired of their games.

Without a word, she had touched the surface of the wall, feeling the soft part, holding it firmly until it burst out open. It was only an illusion. There was really a small cabinet there not higher than her waist but because of its color and vintage design, it kept hidden on naked eyes. She was still holding it, searching the ones they need the most--the key.

Danger immediately scanned those keys behind the small door. It was dark and a bit strange. Something was not right in her cabinet.

"Where is the key?" Ezekiel asked again. She was getting impatient as every second passed by. Arianne screams became even louder.

"Hurry Danger," Eric demanded.

But Danger was frozen. White as a ghost, her eyes widened. The keys were no longer in the right place. They were now on the floor with a white paper that she hardly even recognize. It was not hers. Someone knew her secrets.

She picked up those keys and handed to Ezekiel who ran as fast as he could towards Ariannes's bedroom.

Still looking on the strange folded paper, her eyes were still fixed on that direction. Her heart began to beat fast. She swallowed hard while she tried to reach it with her hand.

She remembered something familiar in this scene, in her dreams...her nightmares. It was been like this. There was a paper who turned her world upside down. Her knees weaken, the cold wind made her shiver, and for the first time in her life after that tragedy, Danger was scared.

"Are you alright?" She almost jumped out of heart attack. She looked back.

"What are doing her Eric?"

"Is there something wrong?"

"No."

"Then what are you holding?"

They went silent.

With a trembling hand, Danger started opening the paper. There were blood stains on it. But it was not the shocking part. It was what the blood is for on that paper.

It was used as an ink.

She started reading it while her heart was hammering. Droplets of sweats were on her face. The more she touched it, the more she opened the door to her horrible past.

"Hello Ms. Dangeline."

Dangeline. It was her name decade ago. It was her name given by her real parents. Shocking, she continued reading the bloody letter.

"Miss me? It's been a while Dangeline and I really miss playing with you. I know you are not a child anymore but I really love playing with you."

Danger was still stunned by the letter. Her nightmares became real again. It was not hallucination. It was real.

And nobody believed her before.

"Let's play another round of our exciting game. And you can't refuse, else your sister will be killed."

Before she continued to read, they heard Ezekiel's loud voice. "The door is not locked! It is broken from the inside. I can't open the door!"

"If I were you, you should not run upstairs and help her. Time is running out Dangeline."

What is this lunatic talking about?

"I put some anacondas in your sister's bedroom,
There is nothing left but death and poison,
Antidote is missing but I will give it to you
Find your mother before her life will be through

Tick tock tick tock time is running out
Blood oh blood, shutting her damn mouth
Poison to poison, what will you choose?
At the end of the night, someone will gonna loose"