0.1

"Hey! Everyone! Just to let you know, the Drama Club is having auditions for West Side Story next Wednesday! Audition forms will be posted outside of the auditorium!" Isabella was standing by the side of the cafeteria with flyers in her hand and a big smile on her face. Emily rolled her eyes, she could practically hear the smile in her voice and it annoyed her. Emily watched Isabella laugh with Jae about something while passing out flyers. 

"She's just so happy and perfect all the time isn't she?" Emily asked bitterly. 

"She's the love of my life." Dowoon said while watching Isabella and ignoring his lunch. Emily rolled her eyes yet again. She couldn't help but smile at his delusions. 

"That's great except she's a senior and head cheerleader, and you're just a baby sophomore." Dowoon glared at her. 

"Can you let me dream? For once?" 

"Not at all young one. She hangs out with Jae and Younghyun. She can't be trusted."  Dowoon sighed.

"When are you going to let go of all that stuff? You're a senior now! That was four years ago." Emily huffed.

"I don't care. Let's talk about something else. Are you doing the musical?"

"No, I won't get in probably. I might play for the orchestra." Emily pouted. 

"Come on. It'll be fun!" 

"You know I play instruments better than I sing or act..." Dowoon drifted off as he saw Isabella approach the table. 

"Hey you two! How's it going?" Isabella asked brightly. 

"G-good. You?" Dowoon stuttered. 

"Are y'all auditioning for the musical?"Isabella gave them each a flyer with the audition times on it. 

"I am. Can't wait." Emily said with a small smile. Even though Isabella annoys her, there wasn't anything wrong with her. 

"That's so great! What about you Dowoon?" 

"I was thinking about it..."

"Well, you totally should. It's going to be a lot fun!" Emily smiled at the look on her friend's face while talking to Isabella. Emily smiled even harder as she saw his face drop when Jae walked up to them. 

"Hey guys!" Jae smiled at them and gravitated towards Isabella who gave him a polite smile. 

"Hey Jae." Dowoon said without enthusiasm. Emily stayed quiet and acted like she was looking for something in her bag. 

"Isabella, we have to head back to the chorus room real quick." Jae looked down at Isabella who smiled at him and nodded.

"No problem! See you two at auditions next week!" Emily waved goodbye and the pair walked off towards the chorus room. Dowoon angrily drank his water. 

"Stupid Jae with his good looks and charming personality." Dowoon grumbled and Emily laughed at him. 

"I told you, buddy. It's okay though. At least you're doing the musical!" Dowoon groaned and lay his head down on the cafeteria table. 

Isabella and Jae walked into the chorus room to find Younghyun in there practicing his audition song. Isabella whistled at him, shocking him.

"Sounding good, Younghyun!" Isabella sat down on the couch on the side of the room, Jae following and sitting right beside her. 

"Thanks, Bells."

"You're a shoe in for Tony. No doubt about it." Isabella said with a big smile. Jae sat up on the couch and turned to look at Isabella. 

"And what about you? Maria or Anita? You're perfect for both." Isabella pushed Jae's shoulder lightly.

"Aw, Jae! I don't know. I think Maria is the more obvious choice but Anita is so much fun!" 

"I think you should go for Anita." Younghyun said with a wink towards Jae. 

"You're just saying that because you want Emily to be Maria." Isabella said playfully. Younghyun rolled his eyes.

"She still hates us. I don't think she's going to fall in love with you anytime soon." Jae said with a look towards Younghyun.

"Yeah, no thanks to you. She can't even look at me when we pass each other in the hallway." Younghyun sat down on the couch on the other side of Isabella. With a sigh he put his head into her lap. 

"Aw. It's okay!" Isabella started petting his head. "Look on the bright side, she'll never catch you staring at her!" Jae laughed harder than he should have. 

"You two are the worst." Younghyun walked out of the chorus room to walk to the cafeteria and grab a snack. He froze in place when he saw Emily and her sophomore friend outside of the auditorium looking at the sign up sheet. They were laughing really close together and Younghyun was staring at them until Emily noticed him standing there. Younghyun quickly snapped his head to the right and tried to act casual. He broke into a big smile and walked towards them.

"H-uh Hey Emily!" Younghyun cleared his throat and put his hands in his pockets. 

"Hi." Emily said and turned back to the audition forms and handed one to her friend. 

"I'm Dowoon." He said with a wave. 

"Younghyun." They stood there awkwardly, Emily avoiding eye contact at all costs. "Well, I'll see you two around." He smiled at Emily who still wasn't looking at him, but nodded in response. Younghyun turned back and walked into the chorus room. Jae had his legs in Isabella's lap and was telling a joke that she was half listening to and half texting on her phone. 

"Back so soon?" Isabella asked when she saw Younghyun's smiling face. Jae sighed deeply, wishing Younghyun had spent more time out of the chorus room. 

"I ran into Emily and that sophomore kid in the hallway!"

"Oh, Dowoon? Isn't he the cutest thing?" Isabella said with a sigh.

"Uh, the cutest thing is sitting right here!" Jae said while pointing to himself. 

"Shut up, Jae. You know what I mean. He's a baby. But anyways, Emily?" Younghyun smiled again.

"She said "hi", can you believe that?" 

"Hey, you're getting somewhere bud!" Isabella said happily.

"Baby steps, baby steps." Jae said while leaning back into the couch cushions. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I love Jae. Next chapter will probably be auditions. It's lit

~Karles