0.2

"This was a mistake." Dowoon groaned as he sat down beside Emily. Emily had her back against the wall of the hallway and smiled at her friend.

"Oh, come on. You're great! You'll make it in for sure." Dowoon smiled back at her and leaned his head on her shoulder.

"My voice cracked severely. I was a mess." Emily gave him a pat on the head.

"Don't worry my son. I could hear you from out here, you were good. I promise." Emily said and went back to look at her sheet music. "Honestly, I don't know why I decided to sign up so late, I'm just getting more and more nervous."

"Yeah, you're pretty dumb." Emily smacked Dowoon on the head. He laughed and lifted his head off of her shoulder.

"I'm not stupid because I signed up for a later time. I'm stupid because I signed up for the time slot right after Isabella."

"Yeah, you're also dumb for doing that." Emily groaned and stood up.

"I'm going to get some water."

"Hurry back!" Emily waved his comment off and walked towards the water fountain. She turned around to walk back to Dowoon, but not before she bumped Younghyun. Of course.

"Sorry!" Emily said quickly and dashed over to Dowoon. Before Younghyun could get in a word otherwise, Emily had already sat down and was leaning on Dowoon.

"Why is it so hard for me to be around him after all these years?" Emily said sadly and Dowoon just pat her head awkwardly.

"I don't understand." Younghyun said to his friends, but only Jae seemed to be paying attention. Isabella was quietly singing to herself and looking over her monologue.

"What don't you understand?" Jae looked in the direction Younghyun was looking in to see Emily and Dowoon laughing together.

"Are they, you know, a thing or something?" Jae studied the pair for a second and then shook his head.

"Nah, I don't think so. He seems too young for her. I also have reasonably suspicion that Dowoon has feelings for a different person."

"Who?" Isabella said suddenly, startling Jae.

"And why do you care so much?" Jae crossed his arms across his chest and raised his eyebrows at her. Isabella scoffed.

"You know I live for things like this. Also, I like him. I want to help him and see him prosper in everything he does." Isabella looked at Dowoon with a hand over her heart.

"You sound like his mother." Younghyun said with a look towards Jae.

"Well, I am now. I'm making a vow to see him grow up strong and healthy." Jae laughed at her statement which made Isabella turn back to her monologue in annoyance. Jae gave her such a tender look which made Younghyun's heart sink and think of Emily. He motioned for Jae to follow him to the cafeteria. While they walked, Younghyun sighed.

"I wish I had that." Jae looked puzzled.

"What do you mean?"

"What you and Isabella have. You know?" Younghyun said while refilling his water bottle. Jae leaned against the wall and waited.

"What? You mean her being clueless and me being a total idiot?"

"No. You guys talk and have close contact with each other. Emily won't even look in my direction." Younghyun said with a sigh.

"Well, you were extremely rude to her and made her feel like crap before the school dance."

"You're the one who made me say all that crap in the first place!" Younghyun turned around and started walking back to the hallway where everyone was.

"Well I was young and stupid. Don't blame me for being a 13 year old boy." Jae said and smiled at Isabella, who smiled back but continued humming her song. Jae leaned against the wall beside her and took her monologue and sheet music out of her nervous hands.

"Hey! I was studying that!" Isabella said with a pout.

"I know. It's all you've been looking at for the past weeks. You're good, you're prepared. You've got this." Jae said softly. Younghyun watched awkwardly from a distance, drinking his water.

"I know. I'm just nervous." Isabella said with a laugh.

"Don't be. You're amazing." They stared at each other for a second. Younghyun's eyes went back and forth between each body, wondering what would happen next.

"Jae, I-" Isabella started.

"ISABELLA! You're next !" Wonpil yelled from the auditorium door. Isabella gasped and quickly grabbed her things from Jae's hands and went to wait until she was called by the director.

"She's something." Younghyun said to Jae who just nodded in response.

Emily watched Isabella wait by the auditorium door. She got up with a groan and picked up her materials.

"I'm after Isabella, I'm gonna go wait by her." Dowoon nodded as Emily walked over to where Isabella was.  Jae got there before Emily and was talking quietly to Isabella. Emily walked a little further so that she wouldn't interrupt them. She stopped a few feet away but then realized she was standing right next to Younghyun. He cleared his throat awkwardly while Emily's face turned pink.

"Hey, quick question." Emily said while Younghyun turned to her, surprised she was talking to him.

"Y-eah ?" Younghyun asked, his voice cracking a little bit.

"Are they...?" She trailed off not really knowing how to ask. Younghyun shrugged.

"I don't know how Isabella feels, but Jae's really into the idea." Emily nodded.

"Well, my friend Dowoon is kinda infatuated with her so I just wanted to confirm the fact that he's crazy stupid." Younghyun laughed at her word choice and smiled down at her.

"Well, she seems to have taking a liking to your friend." Emily raised her eyebrows.

"Really?"

"Yeah, she thinks she's his new mother." Emily choked and started laughing which made Younghyun laugh along with her.

"Aw, my poor boy. He'll get over it though." Emily said with a hand over her heart. Isabella was called into the room and Emily gave a small wave goodbye to Younghyun and walked over to the auditorium door. Jae stood next to her with his ear pressed to the door to listen.

"Hey, Emily." Jae said casually. Emily chuckled at the sight of him but didn't say anything. Emily watched Jae smile as he listened to Isabella sing her audition song. I wish I had that. She thought to herself. She glanced towards Younghyun, who was (obviously) staring at her but looked away when they made eye contact. Maybe someday.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Kinda weak but Hey hey new chapter !! I need to fix my uploading schedule (as if I have a schedule I'm a mess)

~karles