Part Two.

Nobody knows my true sexuality, not even me.
My mother is accepting that I wear stereotypical girls clothes. I'm actually beginning to believe that she likes it. She's always been one for breaking stereotypes.
She works too much, I don't see her often. I was lucky when she was home when I left school.

My father is a different story. Don't get me wrong, he's sort of alright, but he never leaves the couch. When he does, it's to tell my mum that she's done something unsatisfactory, or to attempt to remove my flower crown. Attempt. It always ends in my mother scolding him.

My brother Adrian, he is truly something else. He's the polar opposite of myself. Adrian is noisy, abrupt, smart, and very talented. He can speak Spanish fluently, and triple-step algebraic equations are a breeze. I'm honestly envious of his success, but I know I'll always be worthless.

-

Tap tap

Mum!
Quickly, I grab the bottom of my pastel jumper and pull it down, covering my shoulders and stomach. I then vigorously throw myself towards the mattress, acting to sleep.
I hear my door open, and the clang of ceramic cups and bowls reverberate as my mother walks towards me. "I made you some hot chocolate and fruit salad... Are you ok?" Her hand travels up and down my back as she attempts to soothe me. In all honesty, it works. I feel like she cares about me.
"I'm fine, just a little scratched up."
"Stand up for yourself next time, boy. Be a man."

The problem was, I'm not a 'man'. I can't even look at the offender so much as throw a punch back. My mother expected great things of me, but I know I'm useless. I'll never be good enough.