Lilly Philipps

In the time she'd known Cleo, putting on an absent smile had become as easy for Lilly as applying her favourite fruit punch coloured lipstick. Some days, she'd look back on that teaching and it would make her want to drag Cleo's corpse out of the grave, tear it apart with her fingers like some depraved cannibal that hadn't eaten in weeks. Others, she felt strangely indebted to her for it. Today, leading Gemma and Clara down her stairway as they went to open the front door for Alice, was one of those days. Her due date was less than 3 weeks away and still her oblivious father avoided looking at her every time she walked into the room, as if she were the sun and he were afraid she would sear away his eyelids. He had even extended his aloofness to Gemma and Clara upon their arrival, Lilly watching silently as they both poorly attempted to hide their befuddlement at the man's sudden change in attitude. After all, they probably expected he would have forgiven Lilly about her missing the wedding by that time. That wasn't the case. She had to smile anyway; there was far too much going on to bother the others with her and her dad's waning relationship, to pretend that Gemma, Clara and Alice patting her on the back and furtively murmuring about how "sensitive" she was would make her feel any better. So onwards she went, without discernible thought or sadness, finishing the trivialities of the previous night's dream as they reached the bottom of the stairs.

"I swear, with everything that's going on I'm a very confused mix between horny and terrified right now. So get this..." She lowered her breath, peering over her shoulder at her dad,who was loitering with a coffee in the kitchen, and unlatching the front door. "David Gandy, Liam Hemsworth and Tom Hiddleston, all right in front of me, completely naked, covered in Cadburys chocolate-"

"How did you know it was Cadburys?" Gemma interrupted with an air of urgency discordant to what they were discussing. "Like, wouldn't all chocolate look exactly the same presuming it's melted? What?" She said to Clara, whose eyebrows were raised, "Chocolate is important to me, okay? Life is shit right now, I could do with indulging in these kind of details." Lilly just shook her head and carried on, swinging the door open to reveal a pinched and unusually unkempt looking Alice, as she did so.

"-Hoo-has out and everything-"

"Uh, what on earth is a hoo-ha?" Alice spluttered, stepping into Lilly's house with a shaky wave over the shoulder at her boyfriend Louis, who was parked on the curb outside. Lilly sighed theatrically at her with an airy wiggle of her pinky finger around the crotch area, Alice's perplexity continuing despite Lilly's gesture.

"A dick, Alice." Clara said gruffly, Lilly closing her front door. "Though I'm pretty sure hoo-ha refers to a-"

"Keep your voice down, Clara!" Lilly hissed, motioning in the direction of the kitchen where her dad still stood, Alice attempting to catch his eye in order to greet him.

"Hi Carl!" She called brightly down the corridor, creases appearing transiently in her forehead as he replied with a grimace before disappearing round the corner.

"That's more than I got out of him..." Lilly heard Gemma mutter out the corner of her mouth.

"Anyway..." She said emphatically, leading them back up her stairs and away from her dad as quickly as she could. "Then, I'm on my knees in front of one of them, I can't remember who, all ready to give them a...you know, and out of nowhere they're pulling a Ghostface mask out of their-" Her voice fell to a whisper, "-previously peachy looking arse. Safe to say, I'm a little traumatised and will never be able to look at any of those 3 in the same way ever again."

"You need to write that shit down, Lilly." Said Clara, a wry grin on her deceptively wholesome looking face. "That's a hard-core erotica masterpiece, right there. That way it won't matter if we all fail our degrees, we'll make a fortune. You could be like the new Picasso of porn."