18 Candles

The sun rose over the large Knight house as the snow covered the pale green and brown ground with winter white. Snow groaned ever so slightly and slid out of the bed. Gazing around the large bedroom she heard not a sound from the large household. She stepped outside the bedroom and peeked inside Ross’ room. He wasn’t there. She continued to the large dining room to see a small set up of fruits and pastries of assorts laid out ever so appealingly. She smiled and took a seat at the table and pricked a strawberry off the bunches and took a bite. The perfect taste drizzled down her chin as she wiped it quickly from her face.

“Let’s go guys!” the sound of Ross’ whisper from behind the couch made Snow perk a brow. Suddenly everyone jumped out into sight “HAPPY BRITHDAY SNOW!” all the seven boys yelled and streamers flew.

“How did you guys know?” Snow asked with a small worried but happy smile

“Matez told us that you told him…we could’nt just keep it a secret. 18 is a big number.” Erik said and walked over to Snow and kissed her cheek. Ross looked down and Matez stepped out from the croud.

“But, I didn’t-” she was cut off by another streamer going off in Matez’ hand.

“Come on. We have a ton of activities for you. Plus cake and gifts!” Snow couldn’t refuse Marco’s statement or smile. She continued with her smiled and nodded to them. Chase and Alex smiled big and grabbed Snows arms and walked her outside after slipping on her jacket for her. They took her out side and told her to cover her eyes. After they made it to the back of the house Ross said for her to open her eyes up. Of course she did and the sight of Ross holding a hand crafted Bow and Arrow made her smile brighten. Only after meeting the Knight’s had she learned and enjoyed the arrow shooting.

“My goodness. Who made this?” she said walking to Ross and taking the bow.

Ross smiled “I made it for you. It’s my gift to you.” Ross said and Snow smiled she hugged the tall boy at her height and kissed his cheek. “Thank you Ross.” she said and turned over her shoulder. “Can we shoot later?” she asked and Matez nodded “Of course.” Snow smiled at him and nodded as a thank you. “Now back inside for more gifts.” he added and lead them back inside.

Snow slipped of her white specked jacket and went into the warm living room where the Christmas tree stood tall with gifts galore underneath. They all took one gift out from underneath except Ross, still leaving plenty for a family of seven. Erik gave his gift first. It was a beautiful snowflake necklace the color of blue. “Like your eyes” he said with the gift. Snow smiled and thanked him. She put it in her dress pocket for later.

Alex gave his gift next and so did Chase it was a Deer skull. Snow furrowed her brow. “We caught it and skinned it for you!” Snow held back her confusion and hilarity and smiled “T-thank you both so much.” she said and heard Marco chuckled.

She shot him a look and he got quiet and handed her the gift from himself. It was a hand woven scarf with the colors of blue, white and black in it. It was perfect. She smiled “Thank you Marco.”

Matez gave his gift last. It was a snow globe with a ruby stone on one side and a blue saphire on the other. “It resembles the battles between good and evil and the seven of us and you.” Matez said. Snow dropped her smile knowing this had nothing to do with them but with Ruby. She covered it up with a quick smile “Thank you Matez..” she said and Ross jumped up to play music and everyone started singing and laughing, but Matez and Snow kept a gaze on each other that would kill.

Snow was too afraid that it could be true that he knew Ruby, that she kept her mouth shut. It would be a discussion for another time. Snow stood up and Erik quickly spun her in to a dance. She couldn’t help but smile a small bit and forget about the dilemma only momentarily before it nagged at her mind again.