Chase

CIELO ARYA L. MEYERS

A month and a half later, I'm living quietly here in Arya's Ranch when one windy afternoon, Kobe alerted me of an emergency call from Los Angeles.

It's James McLaren.

"It's Ciel." I said when I put the earphones.

"Ciel, a month is a very long time for a famous person like to just disappear. You need to update your social accounts to show the world, you're doing fine." James said worriedly.

"James, you know that's too risky." I said.

"I know sweetheart, but you need to, your mother is such a pain in the ass."

Lea again.

She's the reason I am hiding and it seems like she won't rest until I show up.

"Your three-year plan to be out of the spotlight is not that easy, sweetheart. You need to come out, face your mother and be done with it. You can't your career on hold at this point of time. You just started."

"You're forgetting one vital fact here, James. If I show up, I will be forced to be in her care until I turned eighteen. And that's f*cking three years." I growled.

"But you can't just disappear into thin air, Ciel. Your mother won't stop until she get you. Don't you understand? She's willing to kill in order to find you."

"Then maybe I will just have to kill her to stop this nonsense hiding." I said.

There was a pause on the other end of the line.

"Ciel. She's here."  James said in a hushed voice.

My mind rendered blank. And my heart beats faster.

"What?"

"Lea is here. Talking to Warren. She's with someone, he's a gorgeous man, with a deep set of dimples, and innocent eyes. I bet he is your father. You two look alike...in some ways." James whispered.

I breathed deeply.

Yeah, that's Dad.

Without meaning to, I felt hot liquid running down my cheeks and then I realized I am crying.

For the first time in years, I cried. I miss him. I really do.

So that bitch include Dad in this little chase.

"Ciel, still there? They're approaching me. Do you want to talk to them?" He said in a hushed voice.

"No." Came my easy response then turned off the phone.

Kobe is in the room with me and she's witnessing my misery. But she stood emotionless on the corner of the room waiting for my silent tears to subside.

"Miss Arya, a call from the Ma--." Lucy barged into the room without knocking. "Oh! I'm sorry."

She stared at me for a second then left again without another word, when she returned, she's holding a glass of water.

She handed it to me and I uttered a simple, "thanks".

Lucy looked at Kobe but the latter didn't say anything.

This is what I like about these two, they don't ask questions, they just understand my silence.

"What is that you were about to say when you entered a while ago?" I asked when I remembered that she was about to report something.

"It's the Manor, Ciel... Miss Lea went there last week searching for you. The manor is contacting us since then but our line is not available." Lucy explained.

I'm really enjoying this hide and seek game but too many people are now getting involved and I can't put everyone in that kind of situation particularly James and Warren. If I can do unimaginable things like hurting people without remorse then I wonder what I get that from. I bet, I got it from Lea.

So right here and now, I made up my mind.

"Pack your things. We're going back in Los Angeles."

-●-

Via my private jet, we managed to be back here in LA undetected..

And now, three days later, we still managed to be unnoticed. Thanks to Kobe, she's really a wonderful make-up artist.

I went jogging in the neighborhood this morning and I don't know why I didn't wake Kobe to change my face with her wonder make-ups.

Had I known that this would be a terrible mistake, I wouldn't have done so.

There, sitting on the steps in the front porch of my townhouse is no other than, Aga Muhlach.

My father.

Tears clouded my eyes I steeled myself not to let it fall. I blink back the tears several times.

I wanted to run and I am about to do so when he looked up and his eyes fell on mine.

He stand up stared at me, wide-eyed.

A small uncertain smile played on his lips and he took several steps towards me but I took a step back.

This stopped him. He looked so afraid that he might scare me away.

There is still a considerable headrun if I choose to run away. And if I run now, there's a great possibility he won't be able to catch me.

"Please, I just want to talk." He said calmly. "I'm not here to force you into anything you don't want to."

My head is screaming for me to get away from him.

Run! Cielo Arya! Now!

But wait, will I be running away all my life?

This is my father whom I love so much, so I don't see the point.

But he and Lea is a package deal. Go with him and it's more like giving Lea back the peace of mind she doesn't deserve.

"Let's go inside." I finally said.

I walked passed him and I opened the door and let him in.

Lea is the one chasing me but it was Aga, my father, who caught me.

Irony? Or destiny?

To be continued.

~0~