A Dream

LEA SALONGA
New York City

I woke up with a start and bolted out of the bed when I can't find my daughter beside me. Thinking she would be somewhere in the house, I run out of the room and down the stairs.

"KC?!" I almost yelled out of frustration when I didn't see her in the living room.

"Kendra Carmela! Where are you?"

"Good morning, Ms Lea." Kusie emerged from the kitchen with a cup of steaming coffee in hand. "May sunog po ba?"

"Where is KC?"

He frowned deeply. "Sino pong KC? As in KC Concepcion?"

"No..uhm... I mean.. Ciel."

"Who is Ciel?"

"Ciel Meyers."

"Miss Ciel Meyers? As in yung batang singer? Are you expecting her today Ms Lea?"

I shook my head vigorously. "She's here last night."

Kusie blinked several times.

"But that's impossible Ms Lea. I stayed up all night watching a Korean series, the one I'm telling you about, Legend of the Blue Sea." He paused again for a moment, perhaps to study me closely. "Wala naman pong dumalaw dito kagabi."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes po. Wala po akong pinagbuksan na bisita kagabi. At kung meron man pong pumasok na hindi ko namalayan, wala pa naman po akong nakikitang dumaan palabas ng bahay."

If that is the case, then who was with me last night?

I must be dreaming then. But that feels too real for it to be just a dream.

"Okay lang po kayo?" He asked worriedly. "Namumutla po kayo."

"I'm fine."

Inwardly, I smiled sadly. I guess it all happened in my head. I must be going crazy.

Nasaan na ba kasi ang batang yun?

-●-

CIELO ARYA MEYERS
Providence, Rhode Island

Surely, Angelina would be out of the house by this time and that's perfectly fine with me. I wouldn't have to explain why I am here in Rhode Island alone.

Lucy and Kobe are with James. Helping the latter prepping his other artists. And I couldn't call them because I know that they'll board a plane right away to be with me, and that would be so unfair for James McLaren, considering that I haven't answered any of his calls.

I'm about to enter the password to Ange's house security system, when the door opened and Gabriella, her housekeeper came out, holding a large garbage bag.

I didn't expect the housekeeper to be here today.

"Miss Arya?" She exclaimed. Her expression clearly shocked.

"Aren't you going to let me in?" I asked with my left brow slightly turn upward.

"Err..s-sure, Miss Meyers." It's very evident that she's nervous.

"Mom?" I heard someone said from inside the house.

When I looked pass the housekeeper's shoulder I saw a two small boys. One is taller, evidently older while the other one is a toddler, maybe aged three or four, I'm not sure.