Chapter 2

Chapter 2:

“You’re hurting me,” I complained angrily as Curt dragged me towards his car. His hand was gripping my upper arm tightly, pulling me harshly into the parking lot.

He huffed. “Man up.”

I scoffed at that. “Aren’t Mates supposed to love each other?”

He didn’t answer. He only pressed his lips together into a thin line. My annoyance only thickened. For the hundredth time, I tried to wrench my arm from his grip, but he just started walking faster.

Finally, we reached his car, a shiny black Mercedes. At least I have a rich Mate. A feeling of shock enveloped me. Did I really just think that?

I’ve never been spoiled once in my life, and I certainly didn’t want to be spoiled. I didn’t want to be some snobby, rich person. That’s exactly what Curt was. I felt repulsed by this.

He opened the passenger door for me. If I was any normal girl, I would have awwed at this. Right now, I simply gave him a frosty glare as I slid into his car.

The car smelled very new and polished on the inside. I frowned at that.

After Curt hopped in and started driving, I began to question him. “Where are you taking me?”

He flinched at my venomous tone. “Lighten up a bit. I’m not murdering you or anything.”

My eyes narrowed at that. “You didn’t answer my question.”

I didn’t care that my voice had taken a whole new steely, cruel tone. He seemed incredibly suspicious, and I was certain that I would not make the same mistake as my sister.

Curt rolled his eyes at me, agitated. “The Pack House,” he gritted out. I nodded, my thoughts growing more curious. Why is he taking me to the Pack House?

Only the higher ranked wolves lived in the Pack House. Did this mean I was meeting his family or something? A sharp pain hit me. What if I was forced to see him again? It would only bring back painful memories of Reed, my sister.

I could get some answers from him, but I don’t think I would be getting any since what happened last time I tried. I winced to myself. I had blocked that memory for as long as I could.

Being Curt’s Mate was only bringing it back to the front of my mind. The memory was the result of the slashes on my arms. If I hurt myself enough, the memory was pushed to the back of my mind. I liked to keep it that way.

I didn’t want to have to do something too drastic to get away from it. A cold shiver ran down my back at the thought. What would be strong enough to make me forget?

If I ended up Mating with Curt, I would never be able to do anything to forget. I would have to face it. My heart sank at the thought. I had been putting it off long enough.

I could confront him… Tell him — no demand him to give me answers. Answers to why Reed left me so alone. I was certain that he would have the answers to my questions. He was the entire reason that Reed’s gone.

Suddenly, Curt said, “We’re here…” He trailed off awkwardly, glancing at me. I nodded in response.

I opened the door before Curt could get it for me, and slid out of the car. My eyes widened at the sight of the Pack House. I had probably only been to it once or twice for Pack Meetings, but it still was surprising.

It was a large crème colored house that was more of a mansion. It had a nice front porch with a wooden deck and smooth wooden railings. Two porch chairs with a cute table were seated on the deck.