Chapter 2

Brooklyn POV

My eyes roamed the table as everybody talked to one another.

After introduced themselves , Candice , Carly and I found out all the extra people in my parents house was indeed friends and family of August.

First we have Chris Brown , a Light skin tatted up slim pretty head , nigga.

Secondly there's Odell Beckham , a caramel blonde headed semi buff , nigga.

Then there's Travis Labranch , pretty eyes is what I call him. He looks at August or should I say August looks like him since he's the older brother.

I guess it's true what they say. Fine people hand around other fine people.

The two females that came with them names are Chandra and Tima. Chandra or Cha for short has three daughters by August and Travis deceased brother Melvin. While Tima is Travis's girlfriend they have a daughter together.

"So what brings you home Brooke ? We haven't seen you in what ? Three years ?" Brittany's voice knocked me out of my thoughts.

A frown instantly formed on my face.

This bitch knew why I ain't been home.

Taking a deep breath , i flexed my hands under the table before answering her.

"I found no need to come home."

"Not even to spend the holidays with your family. I mean Carly and Candice come home all the time right ?"

I knew what she was trying to do and honestly if she keeps on poking Brittany's going to get exactly what she looking for and more.

"No because the last time I was in this house family betrayed me and acted like it was okay. Like it was my fault."

My words were laced with venom. You could feel like tension setting in the room.

Everybody was now quiet at the table as Brit and I stared at each other.

"Hey now we're not about to do this. You two get it together we have company." My dad said

Of course my parents knew what happen but they acted like it never happen. Everybody acted like they had no idea why I never came home and it made me sick.

They knew Brittany was a hoe and would do anything to make sure she was always first.

Looking at Brittany once more before looking over at August who was sitting right beside her.

He looked at her with confusion written all over his face. So I decided to put his attention else where.

"So August what do you do for a living ?"

"He's a arch-"

Brittany started but I cut her off.

"I asked August."

Chris and Odell along with my two friends choked on their food , trying not to laugh.

I could hear my mother sighing in frustration but I honestly didn't care right now.

"Um...Imma architect lul mama. I own a couple places in different states."

So he has money. Figures with Brittany gold digging ass.

"Oh that's good. How old are you ? You seem young to own your owe business."

He laughed rubbing his chin hair. As he eyes roamed my face.

"I'm older than you baybeh believe dat." A small smirk played on his lips.

Mmm...there goes that accent again.