Chapter 12 (Saving Cosmo)

Eight o'clock came earlier than I would've liked. "Cosmo dear, it's almost eight!" Mrs. Vanilla called from down stairs.

"Okay, thank you," I replied. "See you guys tomorrow," I stood up and walked down the stairs. Amy and Cream waved tiredly. I hurried down the stairs and thanked Mrs. Vanilla again for her hospitality. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I reached my house after about five or so minutes of walking in the cold. The seasons were changing from the hot summer to the cool fall. I preferred spring because of everything becoming new again is simply beautiful to me. I stand at the front of my house. It looks just like the houses around it; plain, simple, neat. I slowly walk to the front door, afraid of what I might encounter on the inside. My shaking hand reaches forward toward the gold handle and I open it. It's dark on the inside of the house which makes it look very creepy. "I'm home," I whispered. No response came. "Hello?" I walked further into the house. There were no sounds. "Mark?" I call his name. 

"I told you to be home at eight," came his voice from the kitchen sounding wasted like always.

"It's seven fifty. I came home early," I say, trying to defend myself.

"No it's not! It's eight fifty you dirty little liar!" He yelled. I got scared, so I came to a conclusion; he's drunk. Mark then walked into the living room from the kitchen with his hair scraggly and as matted as ever. "Get to your room girl. You're lucky you bought me the good stuff tonight," Mark said as he plopped onto the couch. I ran up the stairs into my bedroom and got out my phone and texted my sister.

Galexina, Mark is drunk and he sent me to my room. I don't know what to do. Help.

Then I clicked send. She would probably call the house or come home, which she does whenever it's an emergency. I remember one time when Mark was extremely drunk and somehow got a sharp knife from the cabinet, which are locked up now, and threatened to strike me. I ran up to the bathroom, locked the door, and called 911 then Galexina. She showed up faster than the police and got me down from the bathroom by making me climb out of a small window. The police later came and arrested Mark. He was in jail for a month or so and then he got released. It was one of the scariest times in my life and one of the first times that Mark was actually mean to me. My phone vibrated making me snap out of my memory. I opened it and read:

I'll call the home phone right now. Where are you?

I responded;

I'm in the bathroom right now. I don't know if I should call the police. He didn't try to hurt me, but I'm just really scared.

Then I heard footsteps coming up the stairs. My heart raced faster with every step I heard and my breath got short every time I heard the floor creak. Then, I hear the home phone ring. The footsteps walk down the stairs and a sigh of relief escapes me. Galexina is known for having perfect timing. I run quietly out of the bathroom and into my room where there is a larger window to crawl out of. I open the window and there is a very subtle breeze that makes me shiver as I climb down the roof. Suddenly, I loose my grip on the roof and slip then fall. I close my eyes and wait for the impact when I feel arms holding me up. I look up and see none other than Tails. Wait a minute, Tails?! What's he doing out here? "You okay?" I hear him ask.

"Um, yes. I'm fine. Thank you for saving me," I blush as he carries me bridal style and sets me on the ground in front of my house.

"No problem," he smiles.

"How did you know I was about to fall?" I ask.

"Well-" He starts and then gets cut off by the wailing of sirens. Did Galexina call the police?

“You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law. You have the right to an attorney and if you can not afford an attorney, one will be appointed to represent you. You can choose to exercise these rights at anytime," we hear come from the cars. Tails and I look at each other oddly. Well, this was certainly a mess.