Chapter 2

I ran. I ran as fast and as far as I could until my head, and my heart started pounding. It hurt to breathe. It hurt to think. It definitely hurt to cry.

My thoughts

My Mind.

My heart.

My life.

Who gave him my number?

My head spun around me.

This isn't some love story. This isn't supposed to happen. He's not supposed to know me.

*flashback to five months before*

"Mr. Vail?"

looked up from my lap.

"It seems he's going to live."

My heart jumped a little in my chest. My body was shaking.

"There's one thing though. We don't know if he's going to be able to recover completely.

There it is.

"What is it.." I said hesitantly.

"He is suffering from partial memory loss. We don't know if it is going to be temporary or permanent.

I could feel tears rolling down my burning cheeks.

"Oh..Can I see him..."

"His parents have asked us to tell you that for his best interests when he wakes up he not see you now, or ever."

Of course. Rage ran through me. His parents hated me and all it took was a thing like this for them to come up with a good excuse to push me away from him. The only reason they didn't do it earlier was because it would end up hurting their son too, but now it doesn't matter since he's lost memory of me. He won't remember so it won't hurt him, only me which is what they want.

"Okay." I breathed

"But they said you can see him before he wakes up, then be on your way quickly."

I nodded and followed the nurse into his room. One glance and I immediately burst into tears. He look dead-or almost dead. He was pale, broken, tubes poked into him almost everywhere. I slowly walked toward him, reaching out my hand to touch his.

It was cold.

I breathed heavily.

"I'm sorry Niall. I love you."

Then I turned around and walked out not being able to bare the sight anymore.

*Present*

I looked down at my phone. This can't be real.

Unknown: Calvin you better not ignore me

Unknown: I still love you Calvin

Unknown: I need you back

I didn't know what to do. I was freaking out. What could I do? I couldn't just ignore him, he remembers me. What was holding me back now? Pain? The fact that I've been trying to let go for 5 months, and now he remembers.

I started to type.

Calvin: Niall

Unknown: Remember when you said you loved me?

Calvin: Yeah..

*Calvin made a new contact for Niall*

Niall: Well it's time to prove it. I want to see you

Calvin: Niall

Niall: Calvin

Calvin: Niall

Niall: Do you not want to see me..?

Calvin: I don't want to do this again. In the end you have to accept that this relationship can't be. You're going to get hurt again, like last time, but this time you might not make it.

Niall: But you love me.

Calvin: You're right Niall that's why I can't let you get hurt again.

Niall: Calvin plz

Niall: Calvin I know where you live

Niall: CALVIN

Niall: ...

I put my phone away and ran home. No matter how much I wanted Niall, under no circumstances would I let him get hurt again.

Guys,  How are yall's emotions rn?  This story is crazy, but I'll keep writing to my whole 2 veiwers .  See ya