Corrupt

When I look up at Proteus, I get a warm en feeling. But that warm feeling vanquishes as  soon as the intercom turns on.
"So, I'm sure you have a couple questions. Like, why am I down here? Or, was I kidnapped? Why don't I have my memories? Well, you are about to get those questions answered. Since I am doing this, I have to start from the beginning. You all became very powerful after you guys were aware of your abilities. You all gained more power, and that was a good thing, until it wasn't. All of that power turned you corrupt. The whole kingdom was in shock. No, there isn't a kingdom. There is a network that is called the kingdom. So, I was set out on a mission. I had to take you away. So, yes, technically you were kidnapped. But with good reason. Your memories are erased so that you don't have the corrupted thoughts and feelings. Think of this as sort of, well, a new beginning. Also, when you become corrupt, instead of your wings being pure white, they turn shades of deep black. Oh and another thing, just because you know these things, doesn't mean I'm letting you know how I am or letting any of you out. This is still fun for me, so... too bad for you guys." The intercom shuts off and I can see the hope draining out of everyone. Except for Proteus.