Awake

Where am I?

I don't remember anything. It's as if there never was a thing to remember. Well, I can remember things, but I don't have any memories of events. I'm in a room, alone, . It's dark, but I can still kind of see my surroundings. I walk around the room I'm in, looking for a lamp, or a switch, or just something so I can see. I see something on the nearest wall, so I head over to it. I go over and see it's a button. As soon as I press the button, a light turns on in the room and I can hear someone talking over an intercom.

"Welcome. You do not have any memories, as I'm sure you're aware. Over time, you will collect things that will trigger those memories in your brain. Don't try and trigger these memories now, because it's useless."

The next thing I hear is a clicking noise. I don't know how, but I know that it is the sound of a door unlocking. I go to the door and open it. As I open it, I see that it leads to another room. This room is wide open. I look to my left and right and I see more people. There are two men to my left and a woman to my right. I have an instinct that they are around my age. I leave my room completely and as I do, the intercom turns back on.

"As you can see, there are two of each gender here. The person of your gender is your best friend from before you arrived here," The voice says as I look to my right and the girl looks back at me. "There are two people of the other gender left, obviously. One of them is your soul mate. I will not tell you now who it is, you will find that out by memories, and other things. There is something at the opposite side from your doors. Go to it and take off the sheet."

I walk over and I notice that I am the first one there. I rip off the sheet. It's a mirror. I see that I have long black hair and green eyes. My skin tone is fair, but not pale. I'm wearing something weird. It's just then that I notice that we are all wearing around the same thing. It's a tan-colored long sleeve shirt with long, tan pants. After noticing these things, I step to the back, so other people can see themselves. My friend doesn't take long, so she steps to the back to talk to me.

She has long red hair. It's around my length. Her skin tone is around mine too. She has hazel eyes. She's beautiful. When she opens her mouth to talk to me, her voice sounds familiar.

"So, what should we do? I mean, we're best friends. I guess we should... hug? We're best friends so..." She says uncertainly.

"I guess we should. Not that I have any memories or anything, but that seems like something we would do. It's more of an instinct."

As we are about to hug, the intercom interrupts us and we stop.

"Go to your original rooms. You are about to get your first trigger."