~•~Chapter Thirty-Four~•~

*Just posted a new story called "Baby Doll" Check it out, yeah?

I've never been a coward.

I've seen my parents' dead body on my back patio. I've watched as my grandmother's throat was ripped out. I've killed men who have begged for their lives.

I've never batted an eye. I shut off my thoughts and did what I had to do. I buried my family. I killed my enemies. I am not a coward.

But right now, I'm terrified; I'm scared out of my mind. My wolf is begging for blood. She wants to slaughter anyone who dares lay a hand on us.

But I'm not her. I'm Farrah, and I am afraid.

I sipped the hot chocolate that Thayer made me, the delicious drink doing nothing to calm my insides. My shaking hands gripped the mug for dear life.

Step one: Drake killed Lucy.

Step two: Ivan, Drake's brother, tried to kill me.

How do I know it was Ivan?

I helped him pick out the car he tried to kill me with.

My insides were cold. Maybe I'm dying from the inside out.

I felt a finger poke me in the cheek. The slight tingle that followed alerted me that it was Thayer.

"Farrah?"

"What?"

When will he deliver step three? Who will be step three?

"...so you're not going."

"What?" I snapped back into the present. I only caught the tail end of Thayer's sentence, but I didn't like what I heard. Thayer rubbed the back of his neck.

"The pack and I are heading out tonight. We're going to see if we can find Colton, but with the state that you're in, I think it's best that you don't come."

I almost spat my hot chocolate in his face. "Excuse me?"

Again, Thayer rubbed the back of his neck. "I don't want you coming."

"This isn't about you, or hell, me for that matter! This is about stopping Drake before he kills us all!"

"You're not coming."

"Yes, I am!"

"No."

"Yes."

Suddenly, Thayer's lips were on mine. My eyes widened in surprise, but quickly closed when the tingly warmth spread through my cold body. I wrapped my arms around Thayer's neck, abandoning my drink on the coffee table. Thayer laid me back on the couch, his weight adding a lovely pressure on my body.

He pulled back. "You're not going."

"Okay," I gasped out, my back arching when he kissed my mark. Shit, that felt good. "But I hope you know I'm lying."

His chest was vibrating. I can't tell if he was laughing or growling. He pulled back completely, putting all of his weight on his forearms which rested on either side of my face. His blue eyes glared into mine.

"Farrah, please listen to me this one time!"

So, he definitely wasn't laughing, I concluded, my teeth biting my bottom lip. Thayer's eyes momentarily glanced at my mouth before reluctantly raising to meet mine again.