.:~Chapter fourteen~:.

I wish I could sit here and tell you about how I was a strong, independent girl that planned on never seeing the jerk that hit me ever again. I wish I could say that I knew he was trouble when he walked in, and that we, are never ever ever, getting back together. And I wish that I could say that I had strength and confidence, because I don't know about you, but I was feeling twenty-two, and I knew that everything was going to be alright.

But sadly, I've learned that life isn't a montage of Taylor Swift songs. So as I open my mouth, I find myself telling you about how the teddy bear that the 'jerk that hit me' gave to me, hasn't left my grasp all day.

The room that I was granted with when I was forcefully manhandled into Emily and Jim's car, and forced into becoming their foster child, was...large, to say the least.

My favorite part besides the huge cloud that was called a bed, was the living area towards the left side of the room. A flat screen tv hung above a stone fireplace, and a coffee table was positioned in front of the fluffy couch that I adored. A few chairs littered around here and there, and a small side table held a lamp, and all the many remotes that I owned. I probably spent the majority of my time in the specific area.

That's where I was right now. A small fire was lit in the fireplace, and the rays of heat warmed my body all the way to the bone. The crackling of the wood was strangling comforting, and it took my mind off of the booming thunder and the pounding rain that was currently making an appearance outside.

The Place Beyond the Pines was currently playing on the screen, and I couldn't help but think about how perfect the movie was for this setting. It was dark, depressing, and my all time go to movie on days like this. It consisted of a very tattooed, motorcycle riding criminal, named Ryan Gosling, and a sexy cop named Bradley Cooper, who was a STUPID IDIOT and gets Ryan Gosling...

Well, just watch the movie and find out.

"Don't do it Jason" I whispered to the screen as Jason pulled out the gun and pointed it at Avery.

I brought the steaming cup of hot chocolate to my lips again, and took a big gulp. I about choked on a stupid marshmallow that decided to throw itself down my throat, but all was well after I punched my chest a few times.

I sunk further into the plushy companion that was set perfectly beside me, and breathed in a amazing scent that seemed to be engraved in the very fluffy fibers of the bear. A sigh of pure contentment escaped my lips before I could stop it.

The stuffed bear that I was currently throwing myself at, was at least six feet tall, when it was in a sitting position. It was a rich dark brown color, and had the cutest light blue and white poka-dotted bow tied around its neck. It was really fluffy, and super plushy and soft. It smelled like Thayer, and even better, it kept its mouth shut and let me talk until its non-existent stuffed bear ears started bleeding.

"Oh Henry" I sighed. Yes, I named the bear Henry. Shove me off a bridge. "Why does your sender have to be a completely ignorant, bad tempered, sweet smelling, really considerate, sweet-hearted Jerk?!"

"I've never heard someone contradict something so much in one sentence before" a small startled scream escaped my lips as I jumped around and came face to face with the owner of the sudden voice.

Sarah was leaning up against the doorframe of my bedroom door, with a small smirk on her face.

I put a hand over my heart. "You scared me to death, you heifer!"

She chuckled as she shut my door and walked over to me. She flopped down beside me.

"You haven't been to school in a while" she stole the mug out of my hands and took a sip. My mouth dropped open.