chapter 7

Edited 10/21/19
Tanner pov

The police were still searching for Kloey every single day, every day the dogs take them to the cliffs, but Kloey wouldn't go up there. Today I'm going to go look around the cliffs with Gabe, because the police haven't yet.

I walked next door to to Kloey and Gabes house and knocked on the door, only for it to be opened a second later. Gabe came out and we walked to his car, it's a 2007 black Jeep. It was a 10 minutes drive to the cliffs, and the entire ride was silent, we just wanted to find Kloey.

Once we got to the cliffs we searched each one for about an hour, not finding anything until the last cliff. On the last cliff there was a crowd forming around a tree, the police were there in the center of the crowd. Gabe and I went over to the crowd, the sight making us gasp.

Kloey was unconscious on the ground, she looked like she hadn't eaten or slept in days. We pushed through the crowd and tried to get closer to Kloey but the cops didn't let us.

"Please! That's my baby sister!" Gabe cried.

"You aren't allowed through" a police officer told us, pushing us back.

"The ambulance is here but it can't make it up the cliff!" A different police officer said. That's when I heard the sirens, we came up the opposite side of the cops so that why we didn't see the cop cars.

A few minutes later paramedics came running up the cliff and over to Kloey. They carefully put her on the stretcher and then started to make their way back down the cliff carefully.

Gabe and I followed the paramedics back to the ambulance, "please let me come with! That's my baby sister!" Gabe cried out, and one of the paramedics looked back at us.

"Only one person is allowed on" the paramedic said and Gabe nodded, getting in the back of the ambulance. He tossed me his car keys and then the paramedic closed the back of the ambulance.
When they put Kloey into the ambulance Gabe

When I got to the hospital Gabe was already sitting there along with Sarah, Emma, and Gracy. I sat next to Gabe, who was crying, and comforted him.

"Visitors for Kloey Adams?" A nurse asked walking into the waiting room. The 5 of us all stood up and the nurse led us down the long hallways to Kloeys room.

Gabe pov

We stood up when the nurse called Kloeys name and followed her all the way to Kloeys room. I went to the chair that was next Kloeys hospital bed and sat down, then took her hand.

My entire family was crying, me included, and even Tanner was crying. I don't understand why she ran, why I didn't stop her from running. I'm a terrible big brother, the worst brother in the entire world even.

My mother got a phone call so she left the room, and came back a few minutes later with a girl that looked scarily similar to Kloey. "Who is that?" I asked my mom

"Her name is Nyla Adams, she's Kloeys older twin sister" my mom responded and Nyla waved

"Since when does she have a twin sister?" I asked her

"Since I gave birth to them on July 23rd 2001. You were too young to remember when they were born, but Nyla was given to your aunt Amanda because she couldn't have kids and adoption was a long process"

"Didn't she die like last year?"

"Yes, she did, Nyla was at a boarding school after it but now she's going to live with us and go to school here"

"Ok, but why bring her to us now? When Kloey has been missing for 2 weeks?"

"Term ended at her school, and now she's here"