chapter 8

Edited 10/21/19
Tanner pov

It's 3:26 in the morning and a text message from Kloey woke me up. I went over to her house right away and let her out from under the stairs.

I told her that she can stay at my house for a while, then we walked back over quietly. As soon as Kloey laid down on my bed she fell asleep, and she didn't even change her clothes.

I laid down on my bed next to her, making sure to keep my distance, but she rolled into me so I wrapped my arms around her to keep her warm.

I woke up to screaming coming from upstairs, looking next to me I saw that Kloey was gone. I ran upstairs and to the kitchen because that was where the screams were coming from.

Kloey and her mother were in the kitchen, and Kloey was getting beat by her mom. Kloeys screams we're loud and a few seconds later the rest of my family walked into the kitchen.

"Stop! She didn't do anything to you!" I yelled at Sarah and she paused, looking at me

"She did so much to me! She's a stuck up bitch that I never even wanted! One twin is always a mistake, and she's the mistake! Nobody wants her!" Sarah yelled at me then went back to punching Kloey.

"Calm down! She's your own daughter! You can you do this to her?!"

"I don't care about her! She's just a mistake that nobody cares for!"

"Leave her alone!" I yelled running over to Sarah and Kloey, pushing Sarah off of Kloey.

"Get out of my house you psychotic bitch!" I yelled at Sarah and she got up and ran out the door. My mom, Tristan, and Taylor all went back to their room leaving just me and Kloey in the kitchen.

"Are you alright?" I asked Kloey, helping her up carefully

"Yeah, I'm perfectly fine, I'm used to it" she responded

"Let's go back downstairs now so you can tell me what happened" I told her and we went back to my room and laid on my bed.

Kloey pov

I was laying in Tanners bed next to him after my mom beat me again, "do you want to talk about what happened?" Tanner asked me, breaking the silence.

"Yeah, I guess. When I moved to Australia the only reason why my mom took me with her was so she had a personal punching bag. Everyday when she got back from work she would beat me, and every day it got a little bit worse. I knew what was going to happen every day but I couldn't turn her in, I'd already lost contact with my father so I couldn't lose contact with my mother too. One day I chose to stay in my room and my mom was furious, she came marching up the stairs screaming. She picked me up and threw me at my bedroom wall before she started to lick and punch me. Then somebody else came into the room, it was a strong man that my mom ordered to beat me too. He was my moms hookup at the time so of course he listened. I eventually passed out after being hit so many times and I woke up in the hospital with a broken wrist. My mom told the doctors that I fell down a big flight of stairs, and that's why my wrist was broken and why I had a concussion. She continued to beat me everyday after I got out of the hospital, but when we moved back here she couldn't. She started to do it at night in the basement. I have a lot of scars that I can show you" I told him, words not faltering a bit.

"Show me" Tanner told me quietly. I showed him all of my scars, on my back, stomach, arms, and legs. They were faint on my arms and legs, but they were still there. "I'm so, so, so sorry Kloey, this shouldn't have happened to you"

"It's ok, it's not your fault" I said and then checked the time, "it's 8:26 am, what do you want to do?"

"Do you want to go to breakfast and then a trampoline park?" He asked

"IHOP?"

"You know it"

"Then let's go!" I exclaimed, getting up and pulling Tanner up as well. I went to Taylor's room and asked to borrow a t shirt and shorts and she thankfully let me, I didn't want to go back home after what happened yesterday.

I changed and met Tanner at his car, I was somehow out before him, then we went to IHOP. After eating our pancakes and drinking our orange juice we left IHOP and went to the trampoline park.

Once we signed our wavers we went straight to the foam pit, "I'm going to teach you a backflip!" Tanner said

"Alright, you can try" I responded, not telling him that I already know how to do one.

"Let's see what you got" he said and I did a standing backflip, and then did a standing double back. I moved over to the trampoline in front of the foam pit and did a triple back flip while Tanner stared at me in awe.

I then did a quad front into the foam pit while Tanner just stood there watching. "Im going to teach you how to do an ariel" I said, getting out of the foam pit and going over to Tanner.

I showed him how to do one and then started to help him, he caught on surprisingly quick for not having any professional gymnastics experience. After about 20 tries he finally landed one and I don't think that I've ever seen him more happy. I taught him and Ariel walkover and a back Ariel as well, but those took way longer for him to learn.

We messed around at the trampoline park until they closed and then went to the movie theatre. We chose to watch the movie Rings, which was pretty scary. Tanner didn't jump at all when all of the jump scares happened, but I did at every one.

After the movie we went to Taco Bell and got some Doritos locos tacos and Baja blast freezes. We to them to go and went to a park to eat while watching the sunset and talking, which was a lot of fun.

After we finished eating we went back to Tanners house and went to his room. We ended up filming a video for his YouTube channel and talked while he edited it.

Authors note
This is the edited version of this chapter, this chapter is now way better than it was before but that is my opinion. Make sure you check out my other stories and the previous chapters to this story because they have been edited and are different then they were before. Have a lovely rest of your day and week!

Peace.