Chapter 4

~Niall's POV~

I released Kaylee and ran to the door. As I opened the door, I wiped my tears away. I see 3 officers outside my door behind them was Kaylee's dad.

"That's him." Kaylee's dad said.

"Sir, do you have anyone else in this house hold?"

"Uh.. yeah.. Kaylee! Can you come over here?" Kaylee then comes over her eyes brimmed red and tears still falling down her cheeks. 

"What's going on?" She looked at the police officers, then catching sight of her father, her face paled.

"Ma'am, is this your father?" Kaylee nodded. "Well he said that this young man here kidnapped you, is tha true?"

"No. It's not. It's almost the complete opposite." She states. Her voice beginning to become stronger.

"Will you please explain?"

"My dad has been abusing me for the past 3 years. He has had many parties, him being drunk at every single one. He has beaten me up a few times and has once tried to rape me before passing out. This past Friday he had thrown a broken beer bottle at me, giving me cuts on my arms. So I called Niall and he took me to his house for me to sleep here."

"Is this true?" One of the police man said looking at me. I nodded. "Why did you not report this earlier?" Now looking back at Kaylee.

"Because they're the only family I have left." The man nodded, and began putting handcuffs on Kaylee's father.

"You bitch! Now you will always be alone. You ungrateful slut!" Kaylee's father screamed as he was being forced into the back of the police car. As the cars drove out of sight, Kaylee began to cry again.

"Shh.. shh it's ok. You did the right thing."

"Did I? I'm going to be alone."

"It's ok. You have me." She looked up at me. Her eyes brimming with tears. She whispered thank you to me as she hugged me. I began stroking her hair, as her sniffles began to lessen. 

"I think I should go home and get my stuff... then you can take me to a motel." She murmured. 

"Ok. But I'm not going to take you to a motel. You're here to stay until everything is settled." I looked at her, lifting her chin to look into my eyes. Her lips began to turn into a smile, and she began to hug me tighter.

~Kaylee's POV~

Niall had driven me to my house to recieve my things, to only see that police officers were there taping the outsides with do not cross tapes. I ran out and went to a lady officer.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"This place is evidence for the things that have hapened here."

"Well this is my house. Can I atleast get my stuff?"

"Well.. what do you need?"

"I need my backpack and a few clothes."

"I'm afraid the clothes will have to stay here. But I can get your backpack. Hold on." She spoke to the walkie-talkie on her shoulder, and a few minutes later a man came with my backpack filled with my books and folders for school.

"Thank you." I ran back to Niall's car who was waiting for me. 

"Did you get any clothes?" Niall asked as he eyed my backpack.

"No. They wouldn't let me. If it's not any trouble.. can you take me to Target?"

"Yes of course love. It's alright with me. You could borrow some of my clothes as PJ's so you don't need to waste a lot of money." I blushed at the thought of wearing Niall's clothes.