Chapter 5

"Shield higher!" Greg demanded. "Lift your shield, Daria"

The goddess lifted her shield while she moved her sword fiercely. She learnt fast.

"Shields, huh?" Commented Percy with his arms crossed while staring from afar next to Annabeth and Tyson. "Let's attack by surprise, make them drop the shields and see if if their strategies work without those things. You can't completely rely on that."

"Three. Two." And so they pulled out their swords and ran downhill to take down the Norse demigods and train Daria their way.

Annabeth and Daria's blades clashed. The Greek demigoddess was determined to make her half-sister look bad in the battlefield in front of the rest of the crew, even though she fought with all her strength making it something personal she just could not take down Daria. For she was incredibly mighty and naturally skilled not to mention that she looked flawless while she was at it. The wild wind made her blonde hair dance gracefully, the other demigods dropped their weapons and suddenly their attention belonged to the two of them.

"And so...!" Daria said with her soft yet charming voice as Annabeth finally fell, the goddess had her opponent on the ground. "The empire has fallen" She pointed at Annabeth's throat with her sword while smiling at her. The demigoddess was embarrassed, her blood started to boil out of anger. She could not believe a girl who started mastering weapons a couple of days ago took her down in a matter of minutes.

"Come here" Daria kindly offered opponent her right hand so she could stand up, but Annabeth was full of pride and jealously so she rejected her immediately.

"You go on. I'll see you tomorrow" She finally stood up and left leaving everyone speechless until Maggie broke the silence.

"That was amazing" Maggie congratulated Daria. "You are a natural, daughter of Thor. Breathtaking."

"Well, thank you. But we can't rest. We shall be ready for everything and expect the unexpected. I'll improve. I'll sharpen my skills every single day from sunrise to sundown" They all looked at her honored to be on her presence, she had a way of making things sound like poetry.

"Let us continue" Percy smiled while he picked up a blade and raised his eyebrow asking her if she was up for the challenge.

They stopped at sundown. All the demigods were tired while Daria felt so alive, and had to force herself to rest.
Annabeth was her roommate since they were both daughters of Athena. The demigoddess tried to avoid her in every way so the room remained in complete silence. It was just the two of them which made the situation even more awkward. As soon as she entered the room she climbed to the upper bunk and just laid there for a while trying hard to fall asleep. The amount of thoughts running through her mind made it imposible. Stamina.

"You can take some of my sleeping pills" Annabeth sighed.

"Beg you pardon?" Daria said confused, she was not familiarized with those.

"Sleeping pills." She continued "Well do you want them or not? They'll certainly make you fall asleep it just seemed like you had trouble doing so."

"Fantastic" The goddess observed the white pills in disbelief, funny how a girl who grew up with a pet dragon felt amazed by that concept "So they make you sleep?"

"Yeah"

"Is it safe?"

"Am I stupid enough to harm you and unleash the wrath of every single Norse and Greek god?"

"Fair point. I trust you." Daria gave her a kind smile and put the pill in her mouth, hours later she noticed that it did not work. Annabeth was snoring and the naive goddess did not want to disturb her so she looked for the whole box of sleeping pills that her half-sister hid in her drawer.

'How many of these magic candies should someone like me take' she silently asked to herself while she swallowed up the entire package and waited for the results. 'Definitely not...' Daria said as she dropped unconscious on the floor.

She blacked out.

Suddenly a burning light came to her. Like some sort of vision. She had had them twice in her entire life. This would be the third. An unknown person walked up to her everything behind was completely white. Later on the man revealed his face. Tall, one big blue eye and a patch on the other, white hair and a Viking helmet made up of gold.

"Odin" She bowed.

"Oh, you've heard of me." He commented with a smile on his face as he told Daria to stand up with his body language.

"Of course." Her blue eyes were filled with joy.

"We were never properly introduced. And I must explain the circumstances, my dear."

"Oh, no need to do so. They told me all about the challenges that you will be choosing with Zeus. They are training me. In a matter of a week I'll be ready."

"That is the problem" Daria's smile fade away in a matter of seconds.

"Problem? What problem?" She asked concerned.

"We shall begin tomorrow at sunrise."

"What do you mean by that?"

"The tasks. The challenges will come to you tomorrow at sunrise. So be ready."

"But they said that they would give me a week to brace myself!"

"Be ready." He said as he started to fade. "And always expect the unexpected. Also remember. Every breath you take, every move you make. I'll be watching you."

"Can't believe you just quoted The Police." The goddess laughed.

"Can't believe you know who they are, kid" He continued with his point "Take good care." The last thing he said, then Odin completely disappeared.

It would all begin at sunrise.

The beginning of the end or vise-versa call it what you will. This could either be a tragic tale of devastation or simply a story with a great ending.

The truth is her future is not exactly written in the stars and it is not something predictable.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry for taking ages to update, but here you go! Readers are great and all but votes and comments do count! Thanks for reading.