Chapter 2

Chapter 2 | Reckoning Day

"Don't want no revenge
Ain't no pay back time
It ain't called getting even
Here comes the Reckoning Day"

Twenty-one years later.

Daria grew up, you could say that the amazons did a great job educating her and keeping her safe.
By that time she was wise, kind and knew what to do in a battle field. It was in her blood.

She had a tall, slim figure just like her mother and her father's eyes. She could intimidate any soul with them, orbits as blue as the sky itself. She had long blonde hair and her skin was as white as the snow that fell up north.

She was beautiful.
Too bad she lived her whole life locked up in that castle often wondering what was out there. The young goddess would eventually talk to her dad, but on the other side her mother was no where to be heard.

They sent her gifts for her birthday but they would never visit her. It was just her, the amazons and her guardian pet dragon.

Daria put on her long red dress, braided her hair and looked in the mirror while she sighed stating how tired she was of the never ending routine.

"Are you ready for your history lesson?" One of the amazons started to knock the door interrupting her thoughts.

"Yeah, give me one second." She exited her gigantic room with a pokerface and went straight to the library were Layla would give her her new history lesson.

"So why exactly I can't go out?" Daria asked for the millionth time expecting a proper answer this time since the amazons would usually change the subject.

"You just can't."

"But there must be a reason. An actual reason. I demand an answer."

"Daria, daughter of Thor and Athena. Does that sound right to you?"

"No but-"

"Exactly. If you go out the gods will probably find out about your existence in a matter of seconds, and guess what? They won't be happy. You'll get mommy and daddy in trouble and for the record they could kill you." Layla was too direct, in fact it sounded mean but amazons are that way and that's something that no one can change.

"I just don't get it." Daria continued with her point "Can't I just go to Asgard or Mount Olympus?"

"No. To go to the Olympus you should be Greek to go to Asgard you should be Nor"

"Then what about the Earth?"

"No, it isn't a place for someone like you either. You shall stay here. I've said this a thousand times, gods!"

"The class is over." Her comment managed to annoy the goddess so she angrily headed to her room walking with her fists by her sides.

She tried to contact Athena but her mother would not answer, as usual.

Daria never really tried to escape, she knew that it would surely wold not be that challenging since her brain would come up with master plans at the speed of light and she knew the castle by heart. Every single corner. Every inch of it. What really scared her was Earth since she knew nothing about that place.

But then again, she did not count with a handful of choices and staying there for an actual eternity was not a very appealing concept.

Thor's daughter finally packed her things determined to leave for good. Traveling lite with a couple of clothes, books and maps.
The goddess grabbed her bag and got out of the castle easily since her amazon-babysitters were asleep. Once she walked into the woods she tried to talk to Loki; her skimming uncle who would do anything to get the gods in a bad mood.