Chapter 2: No Matter What

Carson and Amy rushed out of their home as they heard the sound of Brody’s car rushing into the driveway. Brody hurriedly got out of the car and took Anastasia out. He gently laid her onto an open field and watched as she writhed in pain.

Carson stepped in and rubbed his daughter’s back soothingly. She let out whimpers as the sounds of her bones rearranging rang across the field. Her strong Alpha blood was making her shift ten times worse than the regular Alphas.

“Breathe in and out,” Carson instructed her as he saw some fur sprout on her arms. “Come on, sweetheart. Breathe….”

“Bring out a change of clothes now!” Amy ordered as she rushed towards her daughter. “Anastasia honey… Just take it easy. Don’t let her out yet… Please,” Amy pleaded as the memories of her uncle’s lessons flashed into her mind. She couldn’t let her wolf take over… She would not only risk her life, but her wolf taking over her body for life.

“Breathe,” Carson kissed her forehead lightly, rubbing her hands. “Breathe baby.”

Anastasia did as she was told and let out piercing screams every now and then. Never in her life did she experience something as intense and painful as her first shift. She closed her eyes tightly, fighting with her inner wolf and fighting the urge to cry. She hated crying; it made her feel weak.

‘Let me out….I will her get rid of the pain,’ a voice pleaded in her mind. ‘Please…’

Letting out another ear piercing scream, Anastasia completely let go and let her inner beast take over.

“No!” Amy cried out, watching as her daughter turned into a magnificent golden wolf, just like her. Pride swelled in her heart but worry overcame that feeling. Did she let her wolf out too early?

“Anastasia?” Carson called out, reaching out to his daughter. She turned and snapped at him, taking his hand in between her teeth and shaking her head from left to right. Blood surged out of his hand, causing her eyes to turn darker. They were now pitch black.

“She has lost control too quickly!” Amy gasped loudly, walking over to her daughter and shoving her away. “Come on Anastasia, get you body back. Control it…”

Anastasia only growled louder, trying to lunge at her. Amy quickly dodged her attack and helped Carson up. “Her wolf has completely taken over.”

“What do we do?” Amy asked desperately.

“The only thing we could do….” Carson pulled out his phone as he watched his daughter run to the forest. “Amy, please inform the pack about her first shift, so they do not view her as a threat. Assign the best fighters to take over the patrol team, until we get this problem sorted out.”

“How are we going to get her back, Carson? You saw her… She even bit you!”

“It’ll heal, babe. I need you to follow my orders right now. I’ll handle this, okay?” he kissed her sweetly before turning back to his phone.

He dialed one number he never thought he’d need to store in his phone. “Hello?”

“Carson? I never thought this day would come! You called to say you’d accept me right?” Carson scowled immediately realizing why he disliked this person very much.

“Shut up Damon. Our deal is still up. You need to court my daughter properly… She has gone through her first shift.”

“Wow! That’s great! Now I get my chance!” Damon breathed out.

“ You won’t have a chance until we get a hold of her human side,” Carson sighed out frustratingly. He wanted to handle it, because he was Anastasia’s father… However, he knew he had no control over her. He wasn’t Anastasia’s mate… Instead, he had to turn to his kind’s enemy for help. The man his daughter has unfortunately been destined with.