Chapter 4: Out of Her League

This chapter is dedicated to _pineapplepants_! She made the wonderful book cover. Isn't it just so darn amazing!? :D

Enjoy!

Chapter 4: Out of Her League

“What is he doing here?” Brody, Anastasia’s future Beta, inquired. He glared pointedly at Damon.

“Don’t be rude,” Stella slapped the back of his head playfully before motioning for Damon and Anastasia to sit beside her.

“Guys, this is Damon. Damon these are my friends- the couple who are Ellie and Chase, the jokester Bryce, the grouch Brody, and my right hand girl Stella.” Anastasia took a seat, looking at her friends pleadingly.

‘Be nice,’ she warned them through their mind link.

A chorus of numerous greetings went around as Damon waved to them politely. He looked at Anastasia and smiled inwardly as she saw the fierceness and authority in her posture and eyes.

“Would you like to grab something to eat?” Damon offered and motioned to everyone else. “Do you guys need anything?”

“He’s a sweet one,” Ellie giggled before shaking her head. Chase let out a low growl, wrapping his arms possessively around his mate.

‘I wish I can have that,’ Anastasia thought, watching Chase nuzzle one of her best friend’s neck.

‘You will find him in time, Alpha,’ Chase brought his head up and kissed Ellie’s cheek. Ellie sent her a shy smile.

Damon watched in amusement as Anastasia stared at the mated couple longingly before sending Chase a glare. He concluded that they were probably having a conversation in their minds.

‘In time, my sweet. We will be together,’ and with that thought, Damon asked her the question again.

“Oh yes! I’m starving,” she jumped out of her seat and walked towards the lunch line with him. “How you do like it here so far?”

“Well, so far it’s alright,” he merely shrugged; looking over the vile specimen they call ‘food.’

“Definitely beats the stupid high school stereotypes, huh? There are some cliques of course, but there are no stupid jocks, popular players, and cheerleading bimbos and…” her golden eyes looked him up and down before giving him a gentle smile. “No new bad boys stirring up trouble. Boring old town.”

He laughed, loving his mate’s humor. “Those are only found in stories though.”

“I know. It’s not like I’m expecting some sparkly vampire to sweep me off my feet,” she joked, earning a forced laugh from him.

‘If only you know how false your words are… Besides the sparkling part,’ he thought to himself as he paid for her food. Not wanting to hold up the line, Anastasia reluctantly agreed to have him pay for it.

“Are you on a diet or something?” she narrowed her eyes at him. “An energy bar and bottle of water please.”

She quickly paid for her last two orders and handed them to Damon. “You don’t need to spend your lunch money on me. I’ve got my own. I don’t want you starving.”

Damon chuckled, taking the snacks from her hands. “Money is never a problem for me,” he held out his wallet and showed her a wad of cash.

Her eyes bulged. She has never seen anyone carry that much money. The Solaris and Lunas might have combined everything together, forming the biggest and richest wolf pack, but that… That was simply too much. Not even her parents, who are currently the Alphas allowed her to carry more than a hundred dollars in her pocket. She learned how to spend wisely and became as frugal as possible. “Are you a drug dealer or something?”