Chapter 3: We Belong Together

“Wear this,” Danae scanned through Damon’s walk in closet and threw him a dark shirt.

“Thanks,” Damon ran his fingers through his hair before stepping into his bathroom. He quickly changed and let out a sigh of relief. He looked decent enough.

“Don’t you dare go back into that closet because I think that you look perfect,” Danae reprimanded as she glared at him playfully. “You’ve probably changed five times this morning. Now hurry up, get your daily does of blood and go! I do not want Anastasia to think that you have poor punctuality.”

“Thank you again mother,” he laughed lightly before stepping into the kitchen.

“Good luck,” Sebastian said before handing him a cup of blood. “I think that being yourself will win her over. Just you wait son.”

“Thank you father. I hope she does reciprocate the same feelings to me,” Damon drank the cup in one gulp and licked his lips. “I can’t have history repeating itself. The school would be infested with werewolves.”

“Amelia stands by her word. I know that Carson has been fending her admirers off. Luck has been on your side… She has finally shifted and you are now able to go after her,” Sebastian patted his son’s shoulder lightly as a sigh of affection. “Go get her, son.”

“I will try,” Damon grabbed his car keys and drove to school. It was just like yesterday when he stepped out and saw the most beautiful girl ever- Amelia. Now, he was after her daughter. His true mate.

“I’ve heard about your first shift,” Stella, one of Anastasia’s good friends, whispered as she nodded lightly.

“I was a year late, but I’m finally glad I got to shift.” Anastasia smiled at her stronger senses. The whole surrounding looked clearer. She picked off sounds within the ten mile radius.

“And I’ve heard that a hottie brought you back home,” Stella wiggled her brows as Anastasia elbowed her lightly.

“I guess,” she whispered, feeling a blush creep up her cheeks.

“Did you guys see the new guy? He is totally smokin’!” A random girl came up and pointed towards the parking lot.

Anastasia gasped as her eyes landed on a familiar blond haired, violet eyed figure. He strode towards the school’s entrance with confidence and a breathtaking smile. She felt her whole body heat up at the sight of his godly beauty.

“Excuse me,” his deep voice snapped her out of her trance as Stella nudged her towards him. She glared at Stella and turned towards him with a warm smile.

“Yes?”

“Do you by chance, know where the office is located in?” Damon scrunched up his brows in confusion. However, he knew the whole school’s floor plan by heart.

“She sure does. She’s a part of the welcoming committee,” the blond girl behind her chirped. She held out her hand and introduced herself. “I’m Stella and you are?”

“Damon,” he smiled, taking her hand in his.

“This is Anastasia. As I was saying, she’d love to show you around,” Stella grinned at her mischievously. “Isn’t that right, Anastasia?”

“Sure,” she stammered as she walked before him. Right this way, she motioned for him to follow her and he willingly trailed behind her.

“That’s the office,” she pointed to the all familiar green door. “Let’s get your schedule and I can show you to your locker and classes.”

“We’ve never really formally introduced ourselves to one another,” Damon gave her a toothy grin before sticking his hand out. “I’m Damon.”

“I’m Anastasia. It’s very nice to meet you,” she smiled, tucking in her small hand in his large one. Warmth filled her up as he continued to give her his breathtaking smile.

“The pleasure’s all mine,” Damon brought her hand up to his lips and kissed it tenderly. “Now let’s get going,” he looked over the door and noticed a couple of students walking into the school.

“He’s a new student,” Anastasia gave the office lady her best smile. “Damon….”

“Giordano,” he finished for her, watching her face heat up under his intense gaze.

“Ah yes,” the woman pulled out a piece of paper and handed it over to him. “That is your schedule. I hope you’d have a great year. Stay out of trouble, Anastasia!”

“Don’t worry about it, Doris,” Anastasia chuckled playfully as she led Damon out of the office.

“So you’re a bit of a trouble maker, huh?” Damon teased, causing her to laugh heartily.

“Not really. It’s really just me trying to stick up for the ones who can’t,” she shrugged her shoulders lightly, grinning at his schedule. “Sweet! We have the same classes. I can show you the way.”

“I’m glad that we do,” Damon smiled, making a note to thank his parents later. “Now I know that I will never get lost and my time here will never be dull.”

“I don’t know about that. I can be a bit of a boring person,” she teased, looking over the lockers and pointing to a blue one. “There is your locker. Number 213. Right next to mine. Wow.”

“I believe fate is trying to tell us something,” he whispered, loving how she blushed easily.

“And what is that?” she squeaked.

“That we belong together,” he whispered, causing her eyes to widen and her blush to deepen even more.

---------------------------------END OF CHAPTER 3-----------------------------

I hope you enjoyed it!

TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK about Damon's new approach. :)

Sorry for the long wait. School has been crazy and I've had the biggest writing block on this story.