9 | paper money stays quiet

I dedicate this chapter to @Blkptn for the awesome sims 4 character designs!

:: :: ::❝Empty pockets never held anyone back

:: :: ::
❝Empty pockets never held anyone back. Only empty heads and empty hearts can do that.❞
— Norman Vincent Peale

9 || paper money stays quiet

"I thought I heard the door open,"

A guy with tan skin and blond hair who's wearing a white dress shirt with black khakis and is barefoot, comes in from what looks to be the door that leads to his bedroom.

"Hey man," he greets Brolin with one of those handshakes all guys do. And I stand there, not sure if I introduce myself or not.

"Hey, the name's Kyle," Kyle takes my hand, and catching me off guard he kisses my hand, which makes my face turn a thousand hues of red. A guy's never kissed my hand before, I've only seen it done in movies, but I can't tell if Kyle is a charmer or a guy who's fronting as a gentleman although he's broken many hearts before.

"Alright man," Brolin says, "before you try to hit on her. Please tell me how work went." I glance at Brolin. Sure I'm not the only one who heard the slight edge in his voice. But Kyle gives his friend a knowing smile and tells us to take a seat.

I end up sitting next to Brolin on the love seat. And Kyle takes the recliner chair across from us.

:: :: ::

"Yeah, his teenage brother still lives with him." Kyle remarks as he pulls up to a two story house that seems to have a party going on inside.

There are cars parked on the front lawn, and the thumping music that's coming from inside the house along with the different people coming in and out of the place is enough for me to conclude that there's in fact a party being thrown. I can't say that this is the first time I've been to a house party going on, in the afternoon on a Saturday.