Past to Present

III.

The invitation on my windshield made me furious. It was like Megan was mocking me. I tried to surpress my anger because Camry was watching for my reaction. I grabbed the invitation and placed it in my purse.

"I love weddings." I said trying to smile.

Cam didn't respond. After I dropped her off at the house it was still fairly early. I didn't want to sit at home. I hadn't given myself time to think about Antoine's notecard, Mama's advice, Camry's advice, and now the invitation. I was sitting in my car trying to put this all together. I had sex with Antoine twice. He was getting married in less than 4 months. Once he was married it would all be over. I don't care about his girl. She's just a minor bump in the road. The problem is rather we wants me in the way that I want him. I pulled the notecard from my glove compartment. I read and reread the quote. What does he want me to do? What is this supposed to mean? I'm a smart lady but I couldn't understand it. Camry and my mother were both right. I knew I wasn't going to be happy unless Antoine was mine. I also knew I was addicted to him and I needed to leave him alone. I had been sitting in my car for over an hour. Antoine's text interrupted my thoughts.

You haven't responded to my question. I'll be at your house in 10 mintues.

I started my car and sped all the way home. I knew the only way for me to get rid of him was to get closure. Today would be the day I ended this mess. Anticipation was killing me as I waited for a knock at the door. I turned on the TV and flipped through the channels unconsciously. Antoine knocked on the door. Before I opened it I took a deep breath. I must not let him affect me!

"Good evening." I said.

"Hello Katherine." He said.

He looked amazing. I stood blocking the door entrance as I examined him. He was flawless. His smooth caramel skin fit his tall and lean figure perfectly. His eyes twinkled like the stars. He lips were full and his muscles were solid. The view was absolutely breathtaking.

"Thanks for the invitation." I said sarcastically.

"It would only be right if you came." He said mimicking my sarcasm.

"Have a seat." I told him.

He grabbed my hand and led me to the couch. I was searching for words to tell him.

"So here's the deal Antoine, you and me ends tonight! You're getting married in 4 months. I can't continue to let you play these twisted mind games. If you really loved me you wouldn't have brought her here. You would've left her just like you left me!" I said professionally.

"I see. Ask yourself this question Katherine ... When is the last time you felt alive. You haven't gotten wet, you've just felt the rain." He muttered

I briefly thought about the notecard he left on my pillow. He was kind of right but I wouldn't let him know that.

"My sex life has been just fine. Thanks for asking!" I responded.

"Better than mine?" He questioned; raising an eyebrow.

"Well..." I chocked on my words.

He laughed.

"No need to say Katherine. I know it hasn't been. I can tell by the way you moaned and scratched me when we were having sex. You've been yearing for me." He said as he got closer to me.

I didn't move. I was struggling to keep my composure. I took a deep breath and inhaled his intoxicating smell. I had the urge to pounce on him but I resisted. He ran his fingers through my hair and down my spine. I shrivered with pleasure.