Another Round

VI. 

Antoine had contacted me twice since my birthday. I wasn't interested in talking to him. I knew it would only bring trouble. Dwayne was going to be out of town for a few days so I went home. It had been two weeks since I had been home. My mail box was filled with letters. I flipped through them as I walked around my house. Bills, junk mail, and a letter from Antoine. I contemplated on throwing the letter away or reading it. After a few mintues I decided to read it.

Dear Katherine,

I apologize for intruding on your birthday celebration. I tried to contact you to invite you to my company's launch party. I would love for you to come and be supportive. My fiancé will be there so you should bring a date; just in case you think I'm going to try something. Let me know what you decide to do.

Love,

Antoine

I read the letter 5 times. I didn't know if going would be a good idea. If I brought Dwayne I wouldn't be so nervous. I knew Antoine would be intimidated by Dwayne. He would probably try to make him mad. I decided to call Richard.

"What the business is shawty?" He said as he answered the phone.

"Are you going to Antoine's launch party?" I asked.

"Yeah. Camry and I are going. Are you?" He said.

"I'm thinking about it. I'm not sure if it's a good idea." I told him.

"You should come, only if you know you're over him." He responded.

"Okay thanks babe. Talk to you later" I said.

We hung up the phone. Dwanye and I would attended the party. I was so over Antoine. I'm going to prove it by going to his party. My plan is to show Dwayne off. Antoine would hate to see me in the arms of another man.

Dwayne would be back in town tomorrow. I couldn't wait to see him. It seemed like he had been gone for a whole month. As Dwayne exited the airport I ran to him and hugged him. His embrace felt better than ever. We stood holding each other for a moment. After we left the airport Dwayne asked me to drop him off at the mall. I wondered what he was going to do. I didn't question him though.

I went back to his house and waited for him to come. As I waited Antoine called.

"What do you want?" I asked

"Are you coming tomorrow?" He said.

"Yes. My boyfriend and I will be there." I stated.

"Boyfriend?" He said as his tone changed.

"Yes. Boyfriend. His name is Dwayne." I said confidently.

"Does he know about us?" He asked.

"What do you mean us? There is no us." I told him "You're my past. Nothing more. Nothing less."

"Megan knows everything." He mumbled.

If she knew everything why was she still so nice. What was her purpose for talking to me? She probably was trying to play some type of mind game on me; in which I was losing. Why did he tell her? They are both so full of shit.

"I don't care. That's your problem." I said.

"Good. See you tomorrow Katherine. Wear something nice." He said as he hung up the phone.

Dwayne walked through the door as I placed my phone on the. I decided to tell him about the event scheduled for tomorrow.

"Hey babe," I said hugging him "An old friend is having a launch party tomorrow for his company. I would love for you to be my date."