What The F***

VII.

I sat on the table dazed. How could I be pregnant? I trembled as I thought about the previous week with Antoine. I wanted to die at that moment.

"What the fuck? How could I be pregnant." I yelled.

The smile disappeared from Dr. Jordan's face and his eyes became filled with concern.

"I guess this wasn't a planned pregnancy." He commented

I shook my head and sat in silence. I felt dizzy and slightly nauseous. Dr. Jordan walked out of the room and returned with prenatal vitamins and water. My hands were shaking as I held the cup of water. I was trying to calm myself by taking deep breaths but that wasn't wokring. I took the vitamins and drank the rest of my water. Dr. Jordan handed me a container of vitamins as he walked me to my car.

"Don't go making any absurd decisions Katherine. It's not as bad as it may seem. Give it time." He said.

My expression was completely blank and empty. As I looked at Dr. Jordan's I could see he was truly concerned. I pulled off without saying another word. My thoughts were clouded with a million scenarios. Antoine and Dwayne were the only to men I had slept with. Dr. Jordan said I conceived about a week ago. Last week Dwayne and I had sex multiple times without protection. Antoine and I also had sex without protection. I know I'm very capable of caring for a child but I wasn't ready. I've been selfish and spoiled all my life. Having a child meant I would have to share everything with them. I don't want to be slowed down or held up because of a child. Dwayne called me in the midst of my thinking.

"Hello Kathrine. We need to talk." He said dryly.

"Umm... Yeah okay. I'm on my way." I said.

I pulled up in the drive way a few minutes later. I wasn't going to tell Dwayne that I'm pregnant. It's a possibility that it might not be his. If it was I would be okay with settling down but if it was Antoine's I would die. I walked in the house and Dwayne was sitting on the sofa. I sat down on the coffee table infront of him and waited for him to speak.

"I talked to Megan." He said.

"When?" I asked trying to stay calm.

"The day you dropped me off at the mall." He responded.

"Okay so what did you all talk about?" I questioned.

"I know everything Katherine. Everything." He said.

My heart felt like it had plunged to the floor. I tried to remain calm as I spoke.

"Okay. It's my past Dwayne. Nothing else." I said.

"I'm not so sure if he is your past." He remarked.

"Dwayne he is my past! You're my present and future. Please stop being so suspicious." I told him.

"Okay Katherine, don't try to play me like a fool." He warned.

"I won't bae." I said.

"I have something else to tell you." He mumbled.

"I love you and I want to be with you in the future. We could get married but...." He said pausing.

"But what?" I asked

"But I am not capable of producing children, I'm sterile Katherine." He said.

I was flabbergasted. Not because Dwayne couldn't have children but it's because the child in my stomach belongs to Antoine. I ran to the bathroom and crouched over the toilet.

"Damn. You okay bae?" He said caressing my back.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I mumbled

"Okay." He said.