Chapter Eight: "Second chance."

Omniscient P.O.V.

Nicole lay in the hospital bed, motionless. Her heart monitor beeped every now and again, signaling that she was still alive. Kevin was on his knee's, leaning against the side of her bed, half asleep.

Jason was busy with Team Crafted, so he wasn't able to come. Toni was only several miles away; with Toni was Alexis.

Kevin jumped awake, gasping for breath. He looked around the room and spotted Nicole laying safely in her hospital bed. "Thank God..." He muttered, grabbing her hand. Nicole shifted slightly be remained asleep. He sighed and slid up onto her bed, still keeping her in sight. She shuffled again, this time her dull turquoise eyes opened. "Kevin?" she groaned, stretching.

He smiled at her, "Nicolette."

"NICOLETTAAAA!" A very, very loud voice boomed, making her flinch. The door swung open and in came Toni: said voice. And Alexis: said child on the verge of tears.

"What the heck happened to you, hun?" Toni said, in a softer voice, ignoring Kevin, her and Alexis sat on the other side of the bed. Nicole shook her head, "Look, I'm fine now. That's all that matters now, right?" Toni sighed, "I guess, but your fucking lucky that Jason doesn't know about this...or else he'd kill us all..." She looked up at Kevin.

"You..."She paused, "You saved her, didn't you?" Kevin nodded, smiling sheepishly. Toni smiled. "Well then, I guess we can all give you a second chance, right?" Nicole said hugging both of the elders and Alexis.

A few hours later...

All four of them fell asleep, and the doctors and nurses were kind enough to leave them there.

Positions:
Kevin- on the right: He has his arm around Nicole's waist.
Nicole- In the center: Has one hand around Alexis, and one is in Kevin's lap.
Alexis- on Nicole's lap: one arm on Toni's thigh, one arm across her own stomach.
Toni- on the left: one arm around Nicole's shoulders, one hanging off the bed.