III. Working together

Nagtatampo si Maine, he knew this even if she says she understands.

It was her first birthday that they would celebrate now that they were officially together and she had been talking about going out for a simple dinner for weeks now. Two weeks before the actual event, Rj told her he couldn't make it because he was booked to attend another party.

"Ah ganun ba? Sige, sayang din naman yung money." Maine said. She looked so lonely about the news that it almost broke Rj's resolve and he wanted to just give in and tell her the surprise.

But he held on.

Her friends brought her to the venue, where her family set everything up. As she was lead to her seat for the night, he was finally allowed to come in and hand her the flowers he got for her.

"Happy birthday!!!"

"Jay!" She beamed at him and jumped up to hug him. "Hi!"

"Hi. Surprised?"

She nodded.

"Happy?"

"Very!"

---

Rj was jolted back to the present when Mama Ten opened the door of the van to get down. "Huy, bumaba ka na diyan. Tulala ka na naman."

Sam met them inside the venue for today's magazine shoot and escorted them to the dressing room. Melanie, the representative for the magazine, was already going over the wardrobe for the layouts.

Rj's gaze, however, landed on the girl standing towards the back. "Maine." He couldn't help but smile.

"Oh, good. You know Maine already. She'll be styling you for today because our regular one is out on an emergency. Why don't you go to her so you guys can get started and we'll see you outside when you're ready."

Rj headed straight to her. "Hello."

"Hey, hi. We'll start with the preppy clothes muna daw. I have the items picked out for you already."

"Ang serious mo naman. Wala man lang, how are you?"

"Uh, hi. How are you?"

"Medyo pagod but happy to find out ikaw ang stylist ko today. Ikaw? How are you?"

"Ito, busy and gusto ko na to work para matapos ng maaga, pero yung client ko gusto pa makipag-flirt."

He chuckled. "Gwapo?"

"Yes, pero flirt."

"Baka naman gusto lang makipag-kaibigan."

"Hindi naman kailangan maging friends para makapag-work together."

"Sungit mo." Rj said. She stuck her tongue out. "Cute pa din."

"Ugh. Okay na ba yung small talk na yun? Pwede na kita bihisan?"

"Ah ikaw ba magbibihis sa kin? Game. Hubaran mo na ako."

"Leche ka, Rj. You know what I mean."

Rj blushed. "Yup, you want me naked."

"Please stop. Ito na yung first outfit."

"Samahan mo ako. Baka mali yung pagsuot ko nito eh."

Maine rolled her eyes. "Oh, please. It's just a shirt and slacks. How could you go wrong with that?"

"Corny." He finally got going because they were still working, after all, and he didn't want to keep the production staff waiting. When he finally was out, she put on him a navy blue cardigan and glasses.