Chapter 3- Birthday Surprise

Louis hasn’t come through those windows for 3 years now. Harry was distraught for the first few months, always moping around. He still went to the window every night and opened it, hoping he would see the blue-eyed boy in green come through. But he never did. Every night he would fall asleep on the window sofa and eventually wake up crying and shivering from the cold air coming through the open windows. Soon Harry gave up and accepted the fact that he would never see Louis again. His mother was pleased when she knew he had given up, Harry was safe. Or so she thought.

It was Harry’s 15th birthday today and he had almost forgotten about Louis and all his magical stories of Neverland… almost. Harry woke, startled by his mothers presence in his room.

“Happy birthday, honey.” She greeted with a tray full of bacon, eggs, toast and a large glass of orange juice.

“Thanks mum.” Harry said smiling. He rubbed the sleep from his eyes and accepted the tray full of food his mum placed on his lap.

“Now eat up, then you can get dressed and open your presents. After that we are going out for the day.” Anne told Harry. The boy nodded and continued to eat his breakfast.

After Harry finished his breakfast he got out of bed and took the tray out to the kitchen then went to get dressed. He dressed casual in blue shorts and a brown shirt. He went downstairs into the lounge room eager to open his presents. His mum and little sister were waiting for him on the couches with a few presents sitting on the table. Harry’s eyes lit up and he ran over to the table. He grabbed the first present and ripped it open to find the video game he has been wanting forever.

“Oh my god no way! I’ve wanted this forever! Thanks mum!” He said with joy. He grabbed the next present, medium sized and rectangular, and ripped it open as well. It was a box with an image of a laptop on the front. Harry almost screamed with excitement. He finally had his own laptop. He no longer had to use the slow, family computer that was almost always occupied.

“A LAPTOP? Wow thanks so much mum, I love it!” Harry said giving his mum a huge hug. Harry also received $100 in a card to spend shopping.

“There’s one more dear.” His mum informed Harry. Harry picked up the green envelope from the table and opened it curiously. Inside was a card with a red pirate ship on the front. Odd. He opened the card and read it.

Dear hazza

Happy birthday pumpkin. You’re getting older, you’re growing up. Soon you will be older than me… I’m so sorry I left, I couldn’t stay any longer, it wasn’t safe.  I never really left though, I was always there watching you grow into the gorgeous young man you are now. I remember the first night I spoke to you, you were so adorable and scared at first huddled under your blanket. Curls poking out. Still have those beautiful curls I see. Your lips still look as soft as ever. I miss the feeling of them on mine. Sometimes I would come in while you’re sleeping just to kiss them for a second. That makes me such a creep I know, but I couldn’t help it. Every time I saw you cry my heart shattered. I’m so sorry.

You’ll see me again soon I promise. Happy Birthday

-          Louis xx

A tear fell from Harry’s eye as he read it. He was frustrated though. Why couldn’t Louis stay? Why wasn’t it safe? Why couldn’t he tell Harry? Why did he just kiss him and leave!? Why does he choose now to make contact with Harry again? Another tear fell. I wiped them away and put the card back in the envelope.

“Harry, are you alright?” His mum questioned.

“Yeah…um…I’m just gonna put all this in my room ok? Then we can go.” Harry said picking up his new presents.