Chapter 5: What is this feeling?

Alex's POV

I was laying in bed, recalling the memories from tonight. It was almost like we had known each other up to this day; as in talking to each other daily.

I remember listening to the song, dancing with Sam like we always do when our songs come on. Of course, she mocks me before joining in, as best friends do. Then in the middle of the song, inbetween parts, I saw Adam gaze at me in the rearview mirror. I felt a...a...something, a spark when our eyes met in the mirror. It was held for mere seconds that seemed like hours.

He broke the gaze shaking his head, and I looked back ovrr to Sam, who smiled at me. I didn't exactly know why, but I have a strong feeling that it was a accusing smile. Accusing me of what?

After the song ended, I looked over at Adam again, who seemed to be focusing on the road, but deep in thought. I looked back over at Sam, who was in a conversation with Ty. Adam opened my door like a gentleman as we arrived at my house. To make thongs less awkward I tried to catch up on the things we missed.

"Obviously," I said, somewhat startling him out of his train in thought, "You have become rather famous on youtube."

"Oh, um, yeah." he said, looking at me in the moonlight.

"I watch your videos. They're absolutely hilarious. I mean, this is coming from the honest fan, not the best friend, in case you're wondering." I say.

"Oh, yeah, thanks." he replys.

"Why such short answers! We need to catch up on stuff. Cmon, I want to hear about what your life has been like the past, um, about..."

"Thirteen years." He said. Had he been counting too? Not that I have, of course not.

"Well, what have-no, dumb question." I smiled. "I know almost everything about you!"

A giggle (not chuckle, I hate the word chuckle.) escaped from both pf our mouths as I looked down at my flats and Adam at his converse. My eyes flew back up to his face and I still had the slightest bit of a smile on my face, as well as he did. I could feel heat in my cheeks, and hoped they weren't red.

"Well, good night." And right before he left, I gave him a quick, friendly peck on the cheek. As a friend. I looked back over to the car and motioned Sam to the house. It was a sleepover afterall. She started to get out as Adam put his hands in his pockets, walking back to the car.

I closed the door and looked at Sam. "What were you two doing in that car? Snogging?"

Sam blushed a fraction of a second and smirked. "Easy for you to say. What were you doing with Adam before they left?"

I shoved her shoulder and smiled. "That was nothing. Just a friendly peck on the cheek, thats all."

Sam gave me an 'Oh really?' face when my mother walked in. "Hello Alex, Sam," My mom bowed her head slightly as Sam did the opposite, a one up nod. "Your stuff is upstairs. Dad and I are going to bed. Good night girls."

"G'night," I say, waving goodbye to her as she walked up the stairs. Sam and I went to the kitchen, where I threw some Tostitos on a plate, sprinkled it with cheese, and put it in the microwave. As Sam started to eat chips from the bag, I put in Friday the 13th, just for fun.

As we watched the movie, making the classic "No, dont do that...and they did it," or "Cmon, they're moving in inch per half second, GET YOUR LAZY BUTT UP," Sam and I stared to doze off. But not before finishing and trudging up the stairs at 1 am to two twin sized beds, one which belonged to my older sister who moved out 2 years ago.

Sam snored as I lay wide awake, wondering why I felt like I could pole volt over the sun. I know, it sounds cliche. Many might say I'm in love. But that's not how love feels. And I should know. Maybe it's just the giddiness of seeing old friends. Maybe its the soda.

All I know is that my thoughts are awake, and so am I.