Chapter Ten: What They're After

Lucy's POV
I opened my eyes. My body felt so tired and it felt as if something was digging into my ankles. I looked around at where I was, surprised to find my ankles chained and me sitting in a dark room.

"Your awake." A voice said in the silence. I turned my head and found Erza looking back with a small smile.

"Erza?" I ask. "What's going on?"

Erza smiled sadly but stayed quiet. A few minutes later the rest of my sisters woke up.

"Good you're all awake now." Erza said.

"Where's Mira?" Yukino asked softly. I looked around the room and found that she was the only one that wasn't present in the room.

"I don't know." Erza softly spoke. "When I awoke, it was you me as you guys. Mira was no where near here and I haven't seen anybody come by here."

"The ball..." Kagura said as her voice trailed off.

"What about the ball?" Levy asked.

"Didn't the guy that Mira was dancing with call her princess." Kagura continued.

"Juvia thinks so too." Juvia said. "Even though Juvia was with her beloved she could hear the green guy call Mira princess."

"I wonder why..." Wendy said.

I heard footsteps echoing through the hallway. My sisters and I turned toward the sound to come face to face with the green haired man Mira was dancing with at the ball.

"That's cause she is a princess." The man spoke. He had a smirk on his face and he smells a little weird. His clothes were a little disheveled but I thought nothing of it.

"What do you mean?" Erza asked sternly. "Where is Mira?"

"Now, now princess.That's very unladylike of you to yell at me." The man smirked.

"Why are you calling me princess now?" Erza demanded.

"You're a princess too girl. As well as most of the rest of you." The man said.

"What..." I said in confusion.

"Let me tell you all a story. First of all, my name is Freed, one of the leaders of the Raven Knights. Second of all, let me the, you the story of the Eldest Princess of Magnolia." Freed said.

***

"And that ends our story." Freed finished. He had just finished telling us the story.

"So you mean that..." Levy trailed off.

"Yes." Freed smirked. "Lucy is the only daughter of Layla and Jude Heartfilia and the rest of you are adopted. Mira is the eldest princess of Magnolia, Erza is the eldest princess of Rosemary, Yukino and Kagura are adopted sisters and princesses of Crocus, You and Juvia are high noble ladies, and Wendy is the daughter of Igneel and Grandine Dragneel, the princess of Fiore."

We all looked at each other in shock. We all in some way had a high status.

"That stool doesn't answer our other question." Kagura said.

"Yes." Yukino said. "Where is Mira?"

Freed smiled smugly and I grew worried. "Mira is locked in a separate cell than you all. In fact I was just with her and told her this exact same story. She begged me to not harm you guys in return that she does anything I wanted. I accepted and I have to say that she was a willing partner in our activities."