Chapter Five

It's been almost a week and I still don't know what the feeling was. It was warm, and made me feel very happy.

“Hey Zayn.” Zayn was a love expert, 100% true. “Yeah?” He says in his accent, his quiff higher than yesterday. “What is love?” I asked and he looked surprised. “Wow Lou, you never ask that, anyway Love is when you have a special feeling inside, and you feel very happy.” Zayn described it the same way I was feeling.

Goodness gracious, I was in love with the King's son's girlfriend. I was gonna die. We vampires aren't allowed to love and it was even worse since she was Julian's girlfriend.

“Announcement. Gather at the arena now.” The speaker boomed, obviously the voice of King Judian.

Everybody scrambled to the arena and the king started immediately.

But the King was sitting at the side of the stage and the only one there was Julian. He went down the stage and invited his girlfriend up, holding her hand. I never knew her name though.

He suddenly got down on one knee and everyone gasped, obviously knowing what he was planning to do. I tried to show that I was very annoyed. However, there was a burning sensation in my heart, and I was heartbroken.

“Lea Jaynes, will you marry me?” Julian said, loud enough for everyone to hear however she was silent. She hesitated, and sigh. “Yes.” She said very softly but Julian was convinced. That idiot.

Everyone clapped except me and Liam but I knew something was going on. It was very obvious Lea didn't want to marry Julian but she was smart.

Very smart. Obviously if you defy the prince, you will die so she had no choice. It was very pain seeing the whole thing and I shut my eyes. The girl I don't know but like was going to get married, to the person I hate most in the entire world, Julian.

The pain was excruciating and I was about to tear but Liam grabbed my arm, knowing what was going on. He squeezed it and I held back my tears.

“Don't worry.” Liam assured me and I nod my head.

The proposal only lasted for about 30 minutes and soon we were dismissed back to our homes.

“Hey Lou, you okay?” Liam asked after we got back to my house.

“Yeah.” I said but didn't look at him.

“I'm not convinced.” Zayn said.

“Hey, Lea only married Julian because she was forced to.” Liam continued.

“But there's nothing I can do now.” I sigh and walked to my room while Liam and Zayn stayed outside and exchanged whispers.

“Is Lou okay?” Zayn asked.

“I don't know.” Liam said and they both sigh. Lou's my and your best friend. We can't leave him in the lurch.”

They both sigh loudly and I closed the door. I tried to hold back my tears.

VAMPIRES DON'T CRY.

“What could I do? What could we do to help Lou?” Liam asked and Zayn shrugged.